• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Was anybody able to handle a Bianca Mosca cardholder?

I'm debating picking one up.

I didn't get to handle it, but I was unpacking seltzer next to their booth all morning and all their stuff looked really well done. Their croc sneakers were pretty bad ass.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Was anybody able to handle a Bianca Mosca cardholder?

I'm debating picking one up.

I had a chance to look at their samples. The finish on the croc is especially nice. It has a modern elegant look with the color options and matt finish, unlike most croc accessories of the 80's and 90's that tended to be shiny and intense colors. Look at how the croc's scales are accented

Here are a few of the colors. The lighting makes the red a bit more intense than IRL but the other colors like the greys, etc., look pretty true to the samples I saw at the show.

I wish I had more time to spend talking with them, they were a delightful team. And, they can make just about anything for you. Want croc sneakers to match the interior color of your Bentley or private jet? No problem! Check out the stunning blue croc tote back on the table.

Last edited:

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a shout out to Styleforum for being a part of such an amazingly setup event that Proper Kit and all the affiliates had setup. Great time and wonderful memories(well what the bourbon allowed). Picked up some products and am looking forward to doing business with a lot more of you. Great time talking to folks including Kevin, Marc, and many more!

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:

Quote:
Thanks guys. it was a lot of fun hanging out with you folks and the other SFers that volunteered afterwards. I flew in from Toronto for the show, and while I had an idea of what to expect, the overall experience blew those expectations sky-high. I wish I was able to speak to more SFers; I spent a good chunk of the show dialing in sizes for the various brands. And the eclairs. Oh my God, the eclairs. The ginger beer and the lobster macaroni and cheese were good too. My damage done at the show was a Scott & Charters lambswool sweater from No Man Walks Alone (thanks for putting up with me, Kyle!) and a tie from Yellow Hook (it was a pleasure speaking with you, Rob & Courtney!). My wish is that we have something like this in Canada one day. One can dream.

Cordone1956

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

These are some pictures that we took during the event, we hope soon to rearrange something together.

Luigi Cordone Showing the history the company Cordone 1956

The example the bespoke suit

The Fabrics for bespoke shirt

Finally I would like to thank all those who love cordone1956 that we have come to find.

Enjoy

Luigi

Corey Knight

Reaction score
Wow so many positive messages. I just want to thank you guys for the support and taking time out of your busy day to come see the show. Truly humbled.

On the real anyone have any mac and cheese left over? I only had one bowl that was not nearly enough.

rbhan12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to give some feedback and my thanks to the Carmina folks who attended The Proper Kit trunk show. As I was ordering, one of the gentleman (whose name is slipping my mind) came to me and said "take this, but don't tell anyone!"

I already had few glasses of wine, so without thinking much of it I just put it in my pocket. He said "No no no! Look!" I didn't quite realize this was a pouch, I actually thought it was just a piece of leather from a swatch book or something. So, I look inside the pouch, and after some wiggling, I find this:

The cardholder was brand new when given to me, the creases are from my use over the past week or so.

I had to contain my excitement as he then said again "Don't show anyone else!" I was blown away by this gesture. I didn't know Carmina made a line of leather goods, maybe they are just experimenting with extra leather. Either way, the lizard skin (?) and craftsmanship is very good. Needless to say, Carmina has another loyalist.

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, Carmina gave those out to anyone who placed an order. They are very nice.
I must have missed this when I placed my order
ffffuuuu.gif

Or I annoyed them to no end that they just didn't want to deal with me anymore. Yeah, this is most likely what happened.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the chance to meet Luigi from Cordone at the trunk show. I had viewed their website before the show and was interested in their handmade shirts and accessories. I was able to try on their samples and ordered several MTM shirts with two different collars. I expect the first one soon and will let you know how it turns out. Bruce Boyer picked up one of Luigi's deep green ties in a small repeat pattern.
Luigi Cordone Showing the history the company Cordone 1956

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads