• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Sterling silver and malachite cuff links $55

Is the MTM overcoat available for order/measuring at the London shop? http://www.kentwang.com/outerwear/overcoat-charcoal.html#
I'm afraid overcoats won't be ready for this winter in London. Maybe next year.

Unless you're a size 36. Then I do have one of those.

Did Kent do away with tracking info on shipments? I don't seem to be able to locate it.
We have tracking on almost all shipments. Only small shipments that fit into an envelope, which would just be pocket squares, don't have tracking. Email [email protected] if you're missing tracking.

I have low in-step and low arch. Are Kent Wang Benchgrade captoe balmoral shoes high in-step or low-instep. Or does it not matter and the shoes is a good for those who have high in-step or low in-step. Thanks
I also have low instep and low arch and all the shoes fit me well.

But most people that have high instep don't have problems either.

Can kent wang make pleated trousers in mtm?
Yes. See suit options form

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Kent, makes perfect sense. Got the shipping notification, but only had a single square (Earthly Delights ftw!) in this order.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received my single order of a pocket square. I like how it's just in an envelope so shipping is only $3 to Canada!

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only $1 in the states ;)

Which square did you opt for? I dithered between Earthly Delights and The Unicorn Hunt this time around. Earthly Delights is gorgeous. Probably gives off more of a spring/summery vibe, but it will surely get some run before the heat comes back.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Only $1 in the states ;)

Which square did you opt for? I dithered between Earthly Delights and The Unicorn Hunt this time around. Earthly Delights is gorgeous. Probably gives off more of a spring/summery vibe, but it will surely get some run before the heat comes back.

Nice, I need to grab one of those unique squares.

I got the plain light pink linen. Figure it will provide a nice contrast to many of my medium blue color ties.

I also already have the KW white with red edge linen.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice, I need to grab one of those unique squares.

I got the plain light pink linen. Figure it will provide a nice contrast to many of my medium blue color ties.

I also already have the KW white with red edge linen.
I would definitely recommend giving one a shot. They are very cool, and offer a surprising amount of versatility, given how easily is it to alter the squares coloring based upon its placement in your pocket.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
What color tie do you wear the most frequently? If it's blue, I'd say Great Wave.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What color tie do you wear the most frequently? If it's blue, I'd say Great Wave.
Can we start a grassroots movement to get enough people to agitate for a wool/silk 17" Great Wave?

I'm not saying I'd be chomping at the bit to pay that much for every pocket square I own, but, given Kent's pricing on squares, I would do so without hesitation for that bad boy, even if we got a double surcharge (for 17" and wool blend).

Johnsson

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suit photos or input on a good fabric to choose for a navy three-piece suit? I was thinking of going for a navy herringbone (Loro Piana Fabric #040) to keep it solid but make it more distinctive and going with options similar to Victor's old photo below. Have to redo my suit wardrobe from scratch as I gained weight and just looking for something befitting of a first MTO suit.

Thanks for any help!

3 piece could get quite hot unless its very cold outside best to stick to a 9oz cloth with a softer canvas construction and make sure the tailor cuts the coat to allow for the waistcoat underneath as there can be an obsession these days of really tight tailoring which can make you look like you've just been on a I month all inclusive cruise. Give the tailoring room is actually slimming.

I was pretty happy with Ariston AR0006 in this regard; light enough for a 3 piece that you can utilize year round, yet soft and seems to resist wrinkling. I can't speak to its durability yet. Sounds like you may be interested in a fancier weave though.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Btw, @Claghorn totally random, but are you allowed to give us teaser info the soon to be released square Kent pictured you wearing?

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think 13" wool-silk is plenty. Though it's very fine, it is still fuller than silk and as it is less slick, doesn't really slip about much in the pocket.

It is an awesome square, especially given the amount of browns and oranges I wear (though it probably goes with the right hue of red and certainly wouldn't be amiss with many greens and the right blue in the right jacket/shirt context). Only downside is that it doesn't include Halley's comet.

I'll take a picture when I get home.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Clags, on your KW jacket did you go normal lapel or wide? I think I got normal last time but was wondering if wide would be a good option to try

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wide on the green flannel and normal on the blue. I say normal > wide, but I'll be more confident in that after the blue arrives this weekend.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads