• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

11-11 (Eleven Eleven) appreciation thread

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm super interested in getting one of these knit tees. Do you find they shrink much in the wash from your experience? They seem to fit smaller based on the measurements I was given, as I prefer a looser fit.
I generally do a cool hand wash cycle in the machine, and have not experienced any noticeable shrinkage.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really pleased to see NMWA picking up 11-11. Here’s a piece from an older season, for a sunny Saturday morning. Cotton / linen blend popover showing the amazing handwoven fabrics 11-11 uses as well as the handsewn accents:

IMG_5319.jpeg

IMG_5321.jpeg

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really pleased to see NMWA picking up 11-11. Here’s a piece from an older season, for a sunny Saturday morning. Cotton / linen blend popover showing the amazing handwoven fabrics 11-11 uses as well as the handsewn accents:
I think 11-11 is super under appreciated, so it’s great to see a store with a broad audience like NoMan pick it up. Seems like a few others have recently too, but still not much in the way of bigger sizes.

Great shirt BTW! Thanks for sharing.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think 11-11 is super under appreciated, so it’s great to see a store with a broad audience like NoMan pick it up. Seems like a few others have recently too, but still not much in the way of bigger sizes.

Great shirt BTW! Thanks for sharing.
Yes. I hoped it was in the works:

@gdl203 I see you visited Mia and the 11-11 team at Pitti. Super excited if you are going to start carrying them….

Love their stuff. Don’t know if our customer base is on board with these shapes and volumes though 🤔

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting…

I have been in contact with 11-11 a fair bit as I’m interested in purchasing a few things, and while some of there newer stuff has a lot more volume, a good portion of the range fits quite small compared to standard US sizing. Those knit t-Shirt are a very good example of that.

Their XXL has a pit to pit of 23.5” on the knit t-shirt apparently.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting…

I have been in contact with 11-11 a fair bit as I’m interested in purchasing a few things, and while some of there newer stuff has a lot more volume, a good portion of the range fits quite small compared to standard US sizing. Those knit t-Shirt are a very good example of that.

Their XXL has a pit to pit of 23.5” on the knit t-shirt apparently.

I agree, and it’s one of the reasons I would love a retailer like NMWA who provide great measurements and images to carry them.

It’s important to remember that Japan is a significant export market for them, but they do have two very different fits (regular and oversize) within the same alpha sizing scheme so you need to know what you are looking at.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree, and it’s one of the reasons I would love a retailer like NMWA who provide great measurements and images to carry them.

It’s important to remember that Japan is a significant export market for them, but they do have two very different fits (regular and oversize) within the same alpha sizing scheme so you need to know what you are looking at.
Definitely! NoMan does an excellent job of providing measurements and has a great eye for fabrics, as I find the 11-11 photography can be a little lacking at times. 11-11 are also apparently in the process of providing more detailed sizing charts as well. They did for the BBSP special drop, but it seems to have disappeared again.

I did not know that regarding the JP market, I assumed the Indian market was their primary focus.

So far in my limited experience (but many emails), I'm finding their regular fit too small in XXL, and the relaxed fit too big in XL (L seems better). Not everything has a relaxed cut variant yet though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads