• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Stiglitz

Reaction score
Did everybody get the Bond email? New suede Highburys.
I love my Highburys, an absolute workhorse of a business shoe & still look great years later, but whilst I like the look of the suede version, nearly £800 for a suede shoe on a City sole (plus shoe trees) is nuts

lurker33

Reaction score
I love my Highburys, an absolute workhorse of a business shoe & still look great years later, but whilst I like the look of the suede version, nearly £800 for a suede shoe on a City sole (plus shoe trees) is nuts
There is definitely a "bond" tax, i wonder if the shoe trees are actually lasted for 348, or the usual generic one C&J sells.

Markintosh

Reaction score
The Highbury looks fantastic - however, if one has a high instep like I do, 3-eyelet shoes often don't fit well for me, the instep creates a hard crease in the vamp because the 3-eyelet does not bring down the quarter section far enough so you end up with a odd looking bulge...I learned this when I bought a pair of Heinrich Dinkelackers - many of their Brogues are 3-eyelets...

Markintosh

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for getting me in trouble with the wife! After viewing all the recent photos of the TSG Pembroke, I have ordered a pair. I will post some pics when they arrive. I'm looking forward to becoming a member of the Pembroke club! Please DO NOT post pics of anything else for quite a while!
Welcome to the Pembroke Club - it's my fav!!!! My MTO Navy Blue SG with blue laces, lower left in pic below are my favorite...Other than my original TSG that have the Danite sole, all the others have a Vibram sole...I just love them!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_0684.jpg

Ypuh

Reaction score
Can't wait for another pair of Pembroke's also. Well, I can, because I'd prefer a green scotch grain.

Hopefully C&J releases some nice 35th anniversary editions and otherwise I'll go the (G)MTO route.

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Pembroke Club - it's my fav!!!! My MTO Navy Blue SG with blue laces, lower left in pic below are my favorite...Other than my original TSG that have the Danite sole, all the others have a Vibram sole...I just love them!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 2270345
Do not forget gentlemen. 2025 is the 35th anniversary of the Pembroke. And you can expect to see a special anniversary edition (or editions) of the Pembroke.

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't wait for another pair of Pembroke's also. Well, I can, because I'd prefer a green scotch grain.

Hopefully C&J releases some nice 35th anniversary editions and otherwise I'll go the (G)MTO route.
Ypuh continues pinning his hopes on that Green Scotch Grain Pembroke :D

Markintosh

Reaction score

I have the green scotch green in the Boston loafer. It’s such a beautiful and unique loafer - a Pembroke in the same would be fantastic. These were the first green shoes I ever ordered - once I got them. I found it hard to find things to go with them. If you’ve never seen the green scotch grain, let me know and I’ll put up a picture of them for you.

Markintosh

Reaction score
Do not forget gentlemen. 2025 is the 35th anniversary of the Pembroke. And you can expect to see a special anniversary edition (or editions) of the Pembroke.
C&J has an ocean suede that’s lighter than their regular navy. I think a pair of ocean suede Pembroke would be awesome. I’d have to think about the type of sole I’d want - maybe the lightweight Vibram

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to respectfully disagree regarding broguing with grain leather - looks lovely to me.
They’re the only pair of black boots I own. I have to say I do like them, but then I’m very partial to anything Islay, including the scotch.
IMG_3584.jpeg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Markintosh

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How Do You Feel About Pleated Trousers?

• Love them, classic!

• Occasionally, depending on the outfit

• Prefer flat-front

• Never wear them