• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is Marriage Worth it?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Women like to be dominated and lead. Instead of asking her, for once, try telling her. For e.g., instead of asking what do you want to eat, tell her you are in the mood for Thai, Italian etc. Instead of asking her what would you like to do, tell her you are in the mood for a drive or whatever. No woman is going to tell you she wants to be lead or dominated - the plot is lost the moment she has to tell you that. Her foul-temper comes from her having to lead. She does not want to. Try taking charge.
I know this is a bit noir, but use them, instead of pedestalizing them.

You'd have been better off leaving out the "dominated" part of that.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Women like to be dominated and lead. Instead of asking her, for once, try telling her. For e.g., instead of asking what do you want to eat, tell her you are in the mood for Thai, Italian etc. Instead of asking her what would you like to do, tell her you are in the mood for a drive or whatever. No woman is going to tell you she wants to be lead or dominated - the plot is lost the moment she has to tell you that. Her foul-temper comes from her having to lead. She does not want to. Try taking charge.
I know this is a bit noir, but use them, instead of pedestalizing them.

Old, bitter, misogynistic men are as annoying as Oprah "your man better worship the ground on which you walk" ******** women.

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For people wanting the "perfect life" I can see why marriage would be a viable option. But perfect can turn to nightmare very fast and then you have to deal with the legal implications.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Old, bitter, misogynistic men are as annoying as Oprah "your man better worship the ground on which you walk" ******** women.

To be fair, the former is far more effective than the latter.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Satorialist

Reaction score

My relationships became much better the time i became a self centered asshole concerned about me first. Putting someone else first bc that is what you were supposed to do just got me crazys, heartbreak and lots of empty pill and whiskey bottles.

My experience has shown this to be exactly the case.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics