• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is Marriage Worth it?

Deluks917

Reaction score
Divorce is fairly likely. If you get divorced you are likely to lose your home and may have to pay very large amounts of child support. Very likely the wife will get custody. Theoretically she could leave the state or ruin your relationship with your children. Losing your children seems unbearably painful. I am not sure the upsides are worth it.

Would you recommend marriage to men today?

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, I would emphatically recommend you NOT get married. All but a very few of my married male friends would agree.

bmathe02

Reaction score
I remember my first night of college back in 2005. We all had just moved into the dorms earlier in the day and we were having our first meet and greet on the roof top that night. We go through the usual college introduction then the male RAs take us guys to talk privately away from the females.

I don't remember the exact words made by the head RA but it went more or less as follows:

You are all going to manage to get into bars one way or another. You will get drunk and horny. Your going to try and smash which ever local home town girls are left at last call. But remember your college boys which mean you have a target on your back as one day being successful and rich. These druken whores want nothing more than to get pregnant by you and then consequentially get married just so they can take half of everything, plus alimony, and child support.

He then passed around condoms.

Last edited:

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I remember my first night of college back in 2005. We all had just moved into the dorms earlier in the day and we were having our first meet and greet on the roof top that night. We go through the usual college introduction then the male RAs take us guys to talk privately away from the females.
I don't remember the exact words made by the head RA but it went more or less as follows:
You are all going to manage to get into bars one way or another. You will get drunk and horny. Your going to try and smash which ever local home town girls are left at last call. But remember your college boys which mean you have a target on your back as one day being successful and rich. These druken whores want nothing more than to get pregnant by you and then consequentially get married just so they can take half of everything, plus alimony, and child support.
He then passed around condoms.

And then y'all graduated in 2009 and are still unemployed.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Never get married. That's my motto.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Married men live longer, earn more money, and report overall more happiness than single men. I'm getting married in six weeks, so I'm a little biased, but I did wait until 35 to get married. I would never get married before 25, and probably not before age 30. Ages 28-32 were my prime ass-getting years. Just absolutely ridiculous amounts of hot ass.

I can't imagine anything sadder than some single old man wasting away alone.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can't imagine anything sadder than some single old man wasting away alone.

Oh, I can! Try "an old married man being incessantly henpecked, nagged and bullyragged by his shrewish old wife"! I might add, "and being bled white financially," but that's a constant throughout marriage.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surprised to the beacon of moneyed conservatism telling someone not to get married.

I just got married, but could see why some people wouldn't want to. It's not for everyone, but those who find ''the one'' (which seems like very few actually do) make it work. It's not easy or fun all the time, but well worth it. Remember, you're not marrying her now, you're marrying her 10 years from now, and 20 years from now and 50 years from now. You'll both be different people at all of those points- question is, are you prepared to grow and compromise with that person in an equal partnership or are you in it to be ''henpecked, nagged and bullyragged''?

Last edited:

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You'll both be different people at all of those points- question is, are you prepared to grow and compromise with that person in an equal partnership or are you in it to be ''henpecked, nagged and bullyragged''?

If you expect your marriage to endure, you had better learn to expect being henpecked, nagged and bullyragged...and to tolerate it. Fundamentally, women are very foul-tempered creatures!

Last edited:

Lighthouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marry foreigners. American girls are raised to expect everything whenever they want it. "You can have it ALL!", "soul mates", etc.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aeternum