• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is Marriage Worth it?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

he might be. Remember that women as a group are not monolithic in terms of relationships. If you have a woman who's very self-centered and willful and demanding - that's one instance were you either stand up for yourself or be miserable.

i know people married to that type of woman. i could never do it.

Also note: Mommy instinct is NOT universal. Remember this.

truth. so happy my wife is a good mommy, and wants to raise the kids. its far from a given, especially in todays world where many women are very career or self centered. the instinct to want to be mommy has staunch competition these days. to each their own.

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any SFers sign a prenup before getting hitched? I need a good lawyer in case I decide to pop the question in the near future.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

i know people married to that type of woman. i could never do it.
truth. so happy my wife is a good mommy, and wants to raise the kids. its far from a given, especially in todays world where many women are very career or self centered. the instinct to want to be mommy has staunch competition these days. to each their own.

Funny, a friend from work many years ago met The One and settled down. She gave up the career to be a full-time mommy, and from all I can discern she's fulfilled. I was a bit surprised to hear that, but I'm happy for her.

Any SFers sign a prenup before getting hitched? I need a good lawyer in case I decide to pop the question in the near future.

**** no. We didn't have anything that was was worth trying to protect. Interesting arguments for/against prenups, though.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ In this day and age, if the thought of a prenup doesn't even cross your mind, you're doomed. If this was pre-90s, I wouldn't blame you but women these days are way too vindictive.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Funny, a friend from work many years ago met The One and settled down. She gave up the career to be a full-time mommy, and from all I can discern she's fulfilled. I was a bit surprised to hear that, but I'm happy for her.

thats is quite cool. glad he makes enough dough that she doesnt have to work at all. the stitch wife would love to be full time mommy, but we cant make it on my salary alone. :(

**** no. We didn't have anything that was was worth trying to protect.

+1

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

^ In this day and age, if the thought of a prenup doesn't even cross your mind, you're doomed. If this was pre-90s, I wouldn't blame you but women these days are way too vindictive.

Not quite. iirc, a pre-nup is about protecting the assets you bring to the marriage. Whatever y'all earn during the marriage belongs to both of you and is split in some form or fashion, depending on what you negotiate.

Now, if you're looking for a non-vindictive woman, I know someone - she's a bit older, believes in Karma, has mad tattoos, and is letting her ex-hubs get away with a lot in her divorce.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Whatever y'all earn during the marriage belongs to both of you and is split in some form or fashion, depending on what you negotiate.

LOL. That will never happen. I will make sure of it.

Now, if you're looking for a non-vindictive woman, I know someone - she's a bit older, believes in Karma, has mad tattoos, and is letting her ex-hubs get away with a lot in her divorce.

Please to introduce me to her.

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

he may be serious, but he is also wrong. treating a woman like **** is a great way to get cheated on or have ********* cut off.

he might be. Remember that women as a group are not monolithic in terms of relationships. If you have a woman who's very self-centered and willful and demanding - that's one instance were you either stand up for yourself or be miserable.
Also note: Mommy instinct is NOT universal. Remember this.

Who said anything about treating a woman like ****?

My point was that the (i) romantic hetero idea of the "one" and (ii) that fawning over some girl you just met and treating her like she is Life's ultimate prize no matter what she does to you is all BS.
Relationships where I treated a woman as this platonic ideal to be worshipped above all else, failed miserably and some included fire. This platonic ideal of a woman implys that you sacrifice everything for a good woman. I sacrificed my goals and my wants out of life -- looking for the one.

After getting my heartbroke enough times after pouring every part of me into a relationship, I realized that a relationship is a partnership. Just as in business, a partnership will not last where one party carries all the weight and sacrifices for the other. Some partnerships are better than others, but there is never just one partner available.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

LOL. That will never happen. I will make sure of it.

you dont plan on making any money?

Who said anything about treating a woman like ****?
My point was that the (i) romantic hetero idea of the "one" and (ii) that fawning over some girl you just met and treating her like she is Life's ultimate prize no matter what she does to you is all BS.
Relationships where I treated a woman as this platonic ideal to be worshipped above all else, failed miserably and some included fire. This platonic ideal of a woman implys that you sacrifice everything for a good woman. I sacrificed my goals and my wants out of life -- looking for the one.
After getting my heartbroke enough times after pouring every part of me into a relationship, I realized that a relationship is a partnership. Just as in business, a partnership will not last where one party carries all the weight and sacrifices for the other. Some partnerships are better than others, but there is never just one partner available.

ah, i misunderstood you. yes, there needs to be a fair give and take no question.

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you dont plan on making any money?
ah, i misunderstood you. yes, there needs to be a fair give and take no question.

I also think that before you come to this self discovery, there needs to be a plethora of meaningful one night relationships, which often involve judgment altering substances.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I also think that before you come to this self discovery, there needs to be a plethora of meaningful one night relationships, which often involve judgment altering substances.

:laugh: thats not going to work for me. ill trust you on it.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You guys are making some mistakes. First, no such thing as "the one." There are at least 100 million women each of us could be happy and contented with. Really, you just have to find one of many good women and put in the effort.

Listen to this man (on this point)

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not quite. iirc, a pre-nup is about protecting the assets you bring to the marriage. Whatever y'all earn during the marriage belongs to both of you and is split in some form or fashion, depending on what you negotiate.

You can agree in a pre-nup that whatever each spouse earns during the marriage will be that spouse's separate property. In CA, each spouse must be represented by separate counsel for something like this to be valid.

Of course, the courts may still award spousal support, depending on the relative income of the parties.

wetnose

Reaction score

Married men live longer, earn more money, and report overall more happiness than single men. I'm getting married in six weeks, so I'm a little biased, but I did wait until 35 to get married. I would never get married before 25, and probably not before age 30. Ages 28-32 were my prime ass-getting years. Just absolutely ridiculous amounts of hot ass.
I can't imagine anything sadder than some single old man wasting away alone.

That's true...but that's for guys who stay married (approx 50% of all marriages)

I wonder what are the equivalent stats for guys who got married then divorced?

xpress

Reaction score
I see a pre-nup/co-hab as insurance on the relationship.

Not only for the assets going in to a marriage, but to save on court fees if the worst did happen.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garrendavid777