• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I hate San Francisco.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FStyles
hella mad.
mad.gif

PS: My parents did not travel 3000 miles across the ******* pacific ocean to see this city overrun by ******* transplants.

laugh.gif

Console yourself that you guys got a ring... or a cup... or... what is this that you guys just won? I think I read a blurb about it somewhere.

jc138

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Let's hear it.
Florence, Paris, Prague, Barcelona, Montreal, at least a half-dozen greek islands, and about half-dozen Thai islands.

But all said, on looks of the city alone, SF takes the U.S. crown. I'd still rather live in LA.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by djblisk
I've lived in both SF and LA. LA is the worst city hands down for anything other than Women, Art, Homes, Happy Meals.
ftfy, dufus.
Originally Posted by StephenHero
1878!
teacha.gif

I thought that it was incorporated as a ski resort

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jc138
Florence, Paris, Prague, Barcelona, Montreal, at least a half-dozen greek islands, and about half-dozen Thai islands.

But all said, on looks of the city alone, SF takes the U.S. crown. I'd still rather live in LA.

Wut. The conversation is about which cities in the world are set in more beautiful settings, not the aesthetics of the city/architecture/etc.

jc138

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FStyles
I'm a native and I've ridden a taxi in SF less than 5 times. They're simply not needed unless you're a tourist (which sucks i know). Very diff than NY Cabbies are one of the oldest mafias in town and their unions have made it hard as **** for any type of reform. Not enough, too expensive, dirty, rude, I could go on. They create it for themselves and the **** flows both ways....kind alike a teeter totter. But we could sit around all day and start nit picking at the various inadequacies of major cities across the world but that'd be hella weak sauce, braw. frisco baby. frisco.
How did you get to bars? Back from bars? To the airport? I must have been in a cab-a-week when I lived there.

They are bad, but really not that much worse than the rest of them. Try the cabs in central america some time...

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Art in LA is subpar, MOCA is cool and then you're done.

Homes? only if you like track homes

Happy Meals. The food in SF is better than LA.

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jc138
How did you get to bars? Back from bars? To the airport? I must have been in a cab-a-week when I lived there.

They are bad, but really not that much worse than the rest of them. Try the cabs in central america some time...

true. Cabs never gave me a problem. If you're a native, they really don't mess with you.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Art in LA is subpar, MOCA is cool and then you're done. Homes? only if you like track homes Happy Meals. The food in SF is better than LA.
LOL. Maybe you can send us a few graffiti artists to save our struggling art scene
frown.gif
sarcasm aside, I'll give you food

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Homes? only if you like track homes
LA >>>>>>SF in homes. The majority of San Francisco homes are extremely poor in quality and likely inferior to average suburban homes you see popping up in Phoenix or Vegas. Half the city is basically made of stick frames, plywood, stucco, and the shittiest window boxes Home Depot could ever dream of selling.

FStyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
lol fstyles u mad?
lol8[1].gif

very mad.
Originally Posted by gdl203
laugh.gif
Console yourself that you guys got a ring... or a cup... or... what is this that you guys just won? I think I read a blurb about it somewhere.

We won our dignity back... so I'm going to put it back on the line right here, right now...
photo-4.jpg
wouldn't be approp to show the others.

jc138

Reaction score
true. Cabs never gave me a problem. If you're a native, they really don't mess with you.
Come to think of it, I've unfairly maligned central american taxis. The very worst in cabs are those in Long Island. They are filthy. They take an hour to come. When they finally show up you are crammed in with five other people all going to different places and you have to share the ride.

This really has nothing to do with OP's thread, sorry.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Isn't SanFran mostly a driving city? I know they have the trolley (name?) but its mostly cars so far as I understand it. Generally these types of places don't have good cab service.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I got on a bus the first day I was there but I had to get off to avoid missing my flight home.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads