• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I hate San Francisco.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's the part that befuddles me. You sell world class city in an amazing locale and seem to make a far buck on tourism, but your cabs (to use one example) are filthy and manned by idiots. What creates this situation? Is it the drivers? Owners? Residents? Politicians who spend time on Happy Meals?

You have money, nice homes, decent weather and an army of do gooders; how bloody hard can it be to pick up the ****?

I get that a port city in a nice locale is going to attract cheap drugs and those who need them but I've never seen a place more in need of a little Lee Kwan Yew X Buford Pusser love.

lefty

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off the top of my head I can very quickly name 10 places more beautiful/appealing than SF

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I have a car.

That said, I like the Aunt Charlie's Lounge, which is a rather divey homosexual bar with **********ac drag queens and a disco night.

I'm expecting the LK tour, J.

lefty

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Telluride is the only city I've been in the U.S. that I think is more beautiful on the whole.

FStyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Here's the part that befuddles me. You sell world class city in an amazing locale and seem to make a far buck on tourism, but your cabs (to use one example) are filthy and manned by idiots. What creates this situation? Is it the drivers? Owners? Residents? Politicians who spend time on Happy Meals? You have money, nice homes, decent weather and an army of do gooders; how bloody hard can it be to pick up the ****? I get that a port city in a nice locale is going to attract cheap drugs and those who need them but I've never seen a place more in need of a little Lee Kwan Yew X Buford Pusser love. lefty
I'm a native and I've ridden a taxi in SF less than 5 times. They're simply not needed unless you're a tourist (which sucks i know). Very diff than NY Cabbies are one of the oldest mafias in town and their unions have made it hard as **** for any type of reform. Not enough, too expensive, dirty, rude, I could go on. They create it for themselves and the **** flows both ways....kind alike a teeter totter. But we could sit around all day and start nit picking at the various inadequacies of major cities across the world but that'd be hella weak sauce, braw. frisco baby. frisco.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol fstyles u mad?
lol8[1].gif

Atwigman

Reaction score
San Francisco have concentration of nicer spots around the vicinity of Union Square.
There are some nice places scattered about, such as Union Made and Self-Edge if you're into work wears. UM recently have had a visit from the author of Jeans of the Old West. (The collection of century old denim fabrics he brought was incredible.) If you like ice-creams, stop by the Bi-Rite creamery which is also near the area.

The art galleries in the city center have themselves listed in a pamphlets with marked location marked on the map, as well as monthly opening night's schedules. There are theaters and various other shows / entertainments in the general proximity.

Farmer's market in Ferry Plaza can be nice if you haven't been there yet. (It is basically a tourist attraction) Shop in the plaza building itself is open during the week, so after you've checked out the market once, I'd recommend going during the week.

If you're into cheese, check out Spuntino's and Cowgirl Creamery. (And make sure you don't have any expensive sweater on because you'll come out smelling like unwashed socks)
If you're into wine, Sonoma County is about 30 minutes away, and outskirt of SV have some small but decent vineyards as well.

Anyways, SF have decent spots which will make your life a little better once you start getting the hang of where to go. I personally wouldn't live there though.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
What percent of people in the city center ride the bus?

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
Telluride is the only city I've been in the U.S. that I think is more beautiful on the whole.

since when is telluride a "city?"

FStyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
lol fstyles u mad?
lol8[1].gif

hella mad.
mad.gif
PS: My parents did not travel 3000 miles across the ******* pacific ocean to see this city overrun by ******* transplants.

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've lived in both SF and LA. LA is the worst city hands down for anything other than Women.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've never been to SF proper, but I've been to SV (meh) and to Monterrey/Carmel/Big Sur. That stretch of coastline is simply amazing. The only place I've seen like it was the area around Rio with the dramatic meeting of mountains and sea. Rio is an amazing and complex place. It's like an extremely beautiful toilet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics