1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

I think I hate San Francisco.

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by lefty, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Esa

Esa Active Member

Have some perspective! SF isn't perfect, but it's the best US city hands down.

2. softy

softy Well-Known Member

The best US city is Paris

3. lefty

lefty Well-Known Member

Last page very helpful. Drive or walk.

I like this place:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Maybe I need to rethink Marin.

lefty

4. Lokesh

Lokesh Well-Known Member

The weather is shit. Are you from Alaska originally?

I grew up in a cold place. So I like the cold. Ergo the weather is awesome. For me.

5. softy

softy Well-Known Member

Mmm Noguchi.

6. lefty

lefty Well-Known Member

Have some perspective! SF isn't perfect, but it's the best US city hands down.

Does that include Des Moines?

lefty

7. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Well-Known Member

I try not to ride the bus. I've been on it a dozen times or so, which works out to once every three years I've lived in the area. The cable car also sucks, though it goes right by my house, so I take that every two years. I do take cabs from time to time, but I usually walk or drive, depending.

I've been riding the train to work lately...in Dallas...which has nothing at all to do with this thread...just thought I'd throw that in.

Paris, Texas? I beg to differ.

8. softy

softy Well-Known Member

Paris, Texas? I beg to differ.

Sorry, forgot about that stupid co-opting place names thing.
    The best US city is Tokyo.

9. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

see responses below

10. uhurit

uhurit Well-Known Member

I've always wanted to visit SF, but now having read this thread I don't. I became convinced it is a shit hole. So, I will continue then to vacation in the winter around San Diego[​IMG]

11. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

i love san francisco

12. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

I've always wanted to visit SF, but now having read this thread I don't. I became convinced it is a shit hole. So, I will continue then to vacation in the winter around San Diego[​IMG]

People in this thread are idiots. SF is great. Kunk is my boi and he knows whats up.

13. Trapp

Trapp Well-Known Member

Having lived in SF for a while now, I've found this to be true about the transportation:

1) Subway (Bart) is a joke. It makes one slash across the city. If your destination isn't near the slash, you have to cab or bus.

2) The bus system works okay once you hold your nose and take the leap.

3) I don't know what people are talking about in terms of dirty cabs. The problem is finding them. It can be the most annoying part of a day; you're late, you want a cab, and you literally can't buy a ride. If it's raining forget about it. Forget about everything--you're not going anywhere.

Other than that it's an incredibly beautiful city.

14. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

15. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Well-Known Member

i love san francisco
    We love you too, kunk.

16. milosz

milosz Well-Known Member

I can understand the taxi complaints and the homeless and so on, but I saw a ton of cute girls. "All the 6s think they're 9s" is some internet-thuggin' "I only fuck supermodels" bullshit.

17. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

I can understand the taxi complaints and the homeless and so on, but I saw a ton of cute girls. "All the 6s think they're 9s" is some internet-thuggin' "I only fuck supermodels" bullshit.
    I saw plenty of women who I thought were hawt and bonarable in SF. Then again, I'm a solid 2 with mommy issues.

18. peter wolf

peter wolf Member

I could not agree more with the post about hating San Francisco. And for all the exact same reasons. I remember that city when it was wonderful, in the mid 60's. Starting in the early 70's it began its downhill slide until you have what you see today. The world's largest open air, public urinal. Or as Robin Williams calls it; 'A human game preserve.' The place is a filthy disaster. Walking out of a mens store ( Prada) a couple years ago, a bum walked past me and spit on my leg. Had I not been late for my flight ( and wearing nice clothes) I would have chased him down and beat the crap out of him. I too will only go back there if I had a body guard accompanying me.

19. peter wolf

peter wolf Member

Yeah, save your money pal. Go someplace else.

20. robertorex

robertorex Well-Known Member

It's a great place if you're into the dirty hipster type. I happen to be, and saw a lot of boanable chicks. Art History majors no doubt.