• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I Just Bought a... (Wine, Spirit, or Beer)

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tricota

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Ooh. Wanted to try -- that as well as their apple vodka/calvados affair.

Never really liked Whiskey. First thing I ever drank, was a half bottle of Johnny Walker and a half bottle of Bacardi when I was 13 or 14...Never cared for either Whiskey or Rum ever since...
eh.gif

The only time I have it, is when I visit my parrents, who always insists on serving Irich Coffee after diner...
confused.gif

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Been on kind of a wine buying binge lately. In the last month I've order the following (all from winery mailing lists):

Mixed case of various Cambria Pinot Noirs.
1/2 case of 2005 Shafer Relentless
Case of 2004 Silver Oak Alexander Valley Cab
3 bottles of 2003 Silver Oak Alexander Valley Cab
1 bottle each of Newton Unfiltered Merlot, Chardonnay and Cab.
1 bottle of Newton Red Label Claret

And being delivered today:
3 bottles of 2004 Shafer Hillside Select Cabernet

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Been on kind of a wine buying binge lately. In the last month I've order the following (all from winery mailing lists):

Mixed case of various Cambria Pinot Noirs.
1/2 case of 2005 Shafer Relentless
Case of 2004 Silver Oak Alexander Valley Cab
3 bottles of 2003 Silver Oak Alexander Valley Cab
1 bottle each of Newton Unfiltered Merlot, Chardonnay and Cab.
1 bottle of Newton Red Label Claret

And being delivered today:
3 bottles of 2004 Shafer Hillside Select Cabernet

Nice Mark!

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Nice Mark!

Thx Pio. I'm certainly not a wine expert.

I've recently been on a Pinot search. I like a bit lighter style. We recently found the entry level Cambria (Julia's Vineyard, I think...about $20 a bottle) and enjoyed them. Decided to try a few of their other Pinot offerings as well.

goodlife

Reaction score
Sea Wynde Rum
and
Pierre Ferand sampler set
- 200 ml bottles of each of their four offerings: Amber, Cigar Reserve, Reserve, and Selection Angles

The cognac was an unbelievable value. All four bottles for $50. Based on the the cost of the 750 ml bottle the Selection Angles was worth like $35 on its own.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tricota
Never really liked Whiskey. First thing I ever drank, was a half bottle of Johnny Walker and a half bottle of Bacardi when I was 13 or 14...Never cared for either Whiskey or Rum ever since...
eh.gif
The only time I have it, is when I visit my parrents, who always insists on serving Irich Coffee after diner...
confused.gif

Which is precisely why you shouldn't do that...
Originally Posted by goodlife
Sea Wynde Rum and Pierre Ferand sampler set - 200 ml bottles of each of their four offerings: Amber, Cigar Reserve, Reserve, and Selection Angles The cognac was an unbelievable value. All four bottles for $50. Based on the the cost of the 750 ml bottle the Selection Angles was worth like $35 on its own.
Ooooooh. Selection des Anges is some good spirit right there.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Thx Pio. I'm certainly not a wine expert.

I've recently been on a Pinot search. I like a bit lighter style. We recently found the entry level Cambria (Julia's Vineyard, I think...about $20 a bottle) and enjoyed them. Decided to try a few of their other Pinot offerings as well.

What do you mean by lighter? Less fruit? Less "funk" (earth, mushroom, etc. as the wine people call it
smile.gif
). I might have a suggestion or two.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Okay, get ready to drool and feel very envious of me
smile.gif
Just look at that deep caramel colour! At 51%, I used three ice cubes for a taste. Wow.

DSC00828.jpg

DSC00829.jpg

DSC00831.jpg

DSC00832.jpg

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Okay, get ready to drool and feel very envious of me
smile.gif
Just look at that deep caramel colour! At 51%, I used three ice cubes for a taste. Wow.
DSC00832.jpg

Some one needs to put a contract out on you for the Ice ... ONLY USE TAP WATER But I want, NOT AVAILABLE IN MY LOCAL MARKET.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedster.8
Some one needs to put a contract out on you for the Ice ... ONLY USE TAP WATER

But I want, NOT AVAILABLE IN MY LOCAL MARKET.

Ugh, don't use tap water! Filter it at least.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
laglv7.jpg
It is the Distillery's Edition Lagavulin. Sixteen years of age, including a brief but purposed secondary finishing in PX sherry casks. It's an incredible marriage for devotees of Islay, the rigid backbone of peat, brine, and smoke enriched with the richness of PX sherry's sweet treacle, bringing topnotes of wine, raisins, coffee, and chocolate. The finish starts with classic Lagavulin peat, but winds up in the spice and dried fruit of panforte. This elixir is hard to find in the U.S. I have two bottles. If you love the Island whiskies and see this, buy it. You won't be disappointed. ~ Huntsman

Wish to thank for this, found the 1991 edition localy. Relay like It. Now of hunting for some more Springbank, as my last is almost gone. Anyone have experience with this:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads