• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I Just Bought a... (Wine, Spirit, or Beer)

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
We'll all be expecting pictures, as seeing your bar, we know your cellar will be spectacular. I already have one mag scheduled. We have a beach house rented from an associate, in a private gated community in Mexico. I will be saving that packing case for the AP Vin, and bringing an entire case, including a Merry magnum
smile.gif

I know some people who are going to be building in one of those communities; they love it down there. No trouble moving all that wine across the border? Oh, and "'Merry Magnum" indeed! Cellar is perhaps too grand a word. I am doing a billiards room in the basement, and one wall (20' or so) will be cordoned off with glass doors 2' from the wall itself. Most of the bottles will be facing capsule in, but some there will be display sections with some bottles presented sideways --- the fun stuff. ~ H

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Macallan is good but not worth the price in my opinion. I much prefer Glenmorangie.

I agree (
eh.gif
). Though to be fair they are really different drinks.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
I know some people who are going to be building in one of those communities; they love it down there. No trouble moving all that wine across the border? Oh, and "'Merry Magnum" indeed!

What I have been told, from people that make the crossing, is going into Mexico is no problem, but coming back, 3 liters per adult.

It is a "do nothing" vacation place. And best thing: no cell coverage. I'll be 100% out of touch from work
smile.gif

doink

Reaction score
Just got a bottle of glen rothes 1985 (20 year old) scotch

borderline

Reaction score
I am doing a billiards room in the basement, and one wall (20' or so) will be cordoned off with glass doors 2' from the wall itself. Most of the bottles will be facing capsule in, but some there will be display sections with some bottles presented sideways --- the fun stuff.

Wait, you are putting in glass doors next to a billiards table?
eek.gif

borderline

Reaction score
Gin:

Plymouth
Junipero

I had the Junipero last night. I didn't know it was 97 proof. It is excellent. Will try the 209 tonight.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by borderline
Wait, you are putting in glass doors next to a billiards table?
eek.gif

Yah, I know how it sounds.... tempered and insulated glass, double paned. Hope to be ok.....

borderline

Reaction score
Yah, I know how it sounds.... tempered and insulated glass, double paned. Hope to be ok.....

As long as you never let people play while inebriated. I'm sure that will never happen...

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As long as you never let people play while inebriated. I'm sure that will never happen...
Fear not, Huntsman doesn't get drunk.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's rather likely that it will not happen.
Originally Posted by Connemara
Fear not, Huntsman doesn't get drunk.
This is true.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked these up to cellar over the past couple of weeks. Some excellent Canadians (yes, they now do exist), included.

Just started my cellar, so most of the excellent Californians have been drunk already!

wine.jpg

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's really quite a decent Tokaj. 5 Puttonoyos?

Serg

Reaction score
One of my pick-ups from two weeks ago, Seghesio, Zinfandel Sonoma County 2007, oddly enough, it became 10th place in winespectators top 100 this year. Speaking of the top 100 is the Mollydocker carnival of love really worth it? Two vintages in a row in the top 100 is impressive for a brand that started in 2000.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps it's nothing special, but I just wanted this one....
800px-Johnnie_Walker_Swing.jpg

The Wayfarer

Reaction score
Still working on building up my Bourbon collection, so I picked up some Russel's Reserve tonight.

Never tried it before, but it has a butter quality that I'm enjoying well enough.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads