• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I Just Bought a... (Wine, Spirit, or Beer)

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
A small order came in today.

DSC00797.jpg

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Study fuel:
3040990912_e92278a760_b.jpg

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Girardian
You are correct, Kina Lillet and Lillet Blanc are not one in the same. Given that the former is no longer available, the latter must do.

Some friends and I did a Vesper Martini tasting party where we tried various iterations of gins and vodkas with the drink. My favorite is making it with the following:

Three measures of Broker's Englih Gin
One measure of Gray Goose Vodka
Half measure of Lillet Blac

Shaken over ice, and with a generous twist. I find this to be a particularly refreshing version of the Martini and one I enjoy on warm days, as well as in the evening.

How do you like the Broker's? I've never had it, but my local has it for $18.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Hmm, looks like I had another delivery. Two more mags too
smile.gif

DSC00800.jpg

DSC00801.jpg

DSC00802.jpg

DSC00803.jpg

DSC00804.jpg

DSC00805.jpg

Man, I love wine
smile.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Not to pry, but what's the price range on most of these bottles? I'd like to look into some, since you seem to enjoy them so much.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Not to pry, but what's the price range on most of these bottles? I'd like to look into some, since you seem to enjoy them so much.
These guys were $9 a bottle:
DSC00804.jpg
Right side mag, something like $200, left side $90. The middle bottle was $40'ish
DSC00800.jpg
These guys were $20 a bottle:
DSC00805.jpg
The middle was $70'ish, the two outside, $45'ish
DSC00801.jpg
Now, the $9 and $20 guys are table wine; drink now. The others are can use some aging, from 2-8 years. Prices on the more expensive ones are less fixed in my mind than the cheaper ones. Defense mechanism I guess
laugh.gif

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Piobaire, have you had the Stefania Syrah? Their wines seem to be allocated in advance and that's the only one I was able to find locally.

BTW, I wasn't able to find any of the inexpensive Pinot Noir recommendations you gave earlier, in my area. I think the West Coast has a lot more access to smaller US producer wine. I assume that's where you are located.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dmax
Hey Piobare, have you had the Stefania Syrah? Their wines seem to be allocated in advance and that's the only one I was able to find locally.

It looks like they were probably all allocated to Piobaire.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't bought a bottle of booze or had a drink in 15 days.

I don't know why.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Hey Piobaire, have you had the Stefania Syrah? Their wines seem to be allocated in advance and that's the only one I was able to find locally.

BTW, I wasn't able to find any of the inexpensive Pinot Noir recommendations you gave earlier, in my area. I think the West Coast has a lot more access to smaller US producer wine. I assume that's where you are located.

I have gotten on the "mailing list" of multiple wineries. Where you are in the US has nothing to do with these allocations. Just try and get on the winery's list. I have developed some relationships with people too, through email, web boards, etc. It helps.

Yes, I've had the Eagle Point that Paul makes. It is a very good syrah. In fact, I find all his wines very drinkable.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I have gotten on the "mailing list" of multiple wineries. Where you are in the US has nothing to do with these allocations. Just try and get on the winery's list. I have developed some relationships with people too, through email, web boards, etc. It helps. Yes, I've had the Eagle Point that Paul makes. It is a very good syrah. In fact, I find all his wines very drinkable.
Yes, I did submit a request to get on Stefania mailing list, but I was actually commenting on the availability and selection of California wines from East Coast retailers. I was looking more for instant gratification at retail.
smile.gif
I do appreciate the pointers.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Yes, I did submit a request to get on Stefania mailing list, but I was actually commenting on the availability and selection of California wines from East Coast retailers. I was looking more for instant gratification at retail.
smile.gif
I do appreciate the pointers.

Could be worse. You could live in Ontario and be hostage to Vintages
devil.gif

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
limoncello.jpg

Pretty bomb. Mix with vodka. Why add OJ, Cran, or even Vermouth, when you can just mix in an awesome kick of extra booze (60/40 treatment)?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Case of Sea Wynde rum. I got hooked on the stuff about 6 months ago, and when my stash ran out, could not find it anywhere. I would travel on business and check out the local liquor stores and nada.. They finally restocked it after 2 months and I bought the whole thing.. No more angst for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads