• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I just bought a... (non clothing item)

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought a computer from ibuypower, and also a 24" 1080p LED ViewSonic monitor.

Specs for computer:

Processor([= Quad Core =] AMD Phenomâ„¢ II X4 955 Black Edition Quad-Core CPU)
Processor Cooling(Liquid CPU Cooling System [AMD] - [Free Upgrade] Standard 120mm Fan)
Memory(4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR3-1333 Memory Module - ** FREE Upgrade to DDR3-1600 ** Corsair or Major Brand)
Video Card(AMD Radeon HD 6870 - 1GB - HIS Fan Turbo - Core: 920MHz - Single Card)
Motherboard(Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 -- AMD 870 w/ 2x PCI-E 2.0 x16)
Power Supply(700 Watt -- Standard)
Primary Hard Drive(640 GB HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive)
Optical Drive(24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black)
Sound Card(3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard)
Network Card(Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100))
Speaker System(iBUYPOWER 2.1 Channel Stereo Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System)
Warranty(Standard Warranty Service - Standard 3-Year Limited Warranty + Lifetime Technical Support)

Hopefully I did ok. I designed everything myself, but I'm not real computer savvy.

Also does anyone know the best way to install Windows 7 without a CD? I was going to use my friend's student discount to save like 70% off retail, but I'm not sure how to download it on a computer with no operating system.....

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
Bought a computer from ibuypower, and also a 24" 1080p LED ViewSonic monitor.

Hopefully I did ok. I designed everything myself, but I'm not real computer savvy.

Also does anyone know the best way to install Windows 7 without a CD? I was going to use my friend's student discount to save like 70% off retail, but I'm not sure how to download it on a computer with no operating system.....

Depending on the price you paid, you got a very good machine there.

The Student thing gave me an option to order a disc for an extra $7 or something. Its worth having for when you need to re format ect.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackhood
Depending on the price you paid, you got a very good machine there.

The Student thing gave me an option to order a disc for an extra $7 or something. Its worth having for when you need to re format ect.

The disc for $7 is awesome. I'll see if I can do that. Thanks.

And I paid $815 for the computer (excluding monitor)... I had heard ibuypower is pretty good for the money, but honestly I found it really hard to compare computer prices online since there are so many different parts with slightly different specs.

computerpro3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
The disc for $7 is awesome. I'll see if I can do that. Thanks. And I paid $815 for the computer (excluding monitor)... I had heard ibuypower is pretty good for the money, but honestly I found it really hard to compare computer prices online since there are so many different parts with slightly different specs.
Man, I could have built you a BETTER computer for at least $200 less. AMD X4 BE 965 plus that exact same motherboard from Microcenter = $189 8GB Gskill Ripjaws 1600mhz = $75 newegg Radeon 6950 = $235 Amazon 1TB Hard Drive = $50 Corsair 600w psu = $50 Twice the ram (and faster), twice the hard drive space, faster processor, significantly faster video card (especially if you unlock it to the 6970), and better PSU. Add in a cheap case and excluding sub $10 parts like an optical drive which most people having laying around or don't need, and you're right around $600-650 after MIR and it would destroy the system you bought. For the actual computer you bought, it's like $350 in parts. As to your other question, you can download any iso legally of the version you paid for and put it on a 4GB flash drive using the "Windows 7 USB Download Tool." http://download.cnet.com/Windows-7-U...-10972600.html Once you've finished making the USB key, plug it into your PC and it will automatically boot off it and install windows. You can then activate using a legal key that you purchased.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by computerpro3
Man, I could have built you a BETTER computer for at least $200 less.

Of course you could, but I'm fairly sure your warranty services are non-existent, that wouldn't include your hourly rate of putting it together and testing, not to mention the fact that his PC was put together by pros in conditions designed not to risk any components. Yours would be put together on your bedroom floor.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course you could, but I'm fairly sure your warranty services are non-existent, that wouldn't include your hourly rate of putting it together and testing, not to mention the fact that his PC was put together by pros in conditions designed not to risk any components. Yours would be put together on your bedroom floor.

Which is completely fine. I doubt he's using pros. I actually built my first computer in like 7th grade. I could barely read!

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fender cd100ce left handed acoustic/electric. I've been meaning to learn guitar for a while.

fender-cd100ce-nt-lh-ecmusic.jpg

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phreak
I just got a new apt (unfurnished) and see this as an opportunity to get some new stuff, the furniture now is leftover from college days. I'll be living by myself and can get whatever I want, very much like Stazy. Dark stone floors with off white walls are my palette. What do you guys think of this table?
http://www.cb2.com/dining-tables/fur...ng-table/f4662
If not that, then recommend me something please. Would like to keep the price below $1200 but could stretch for something that is awesome. Also, made in USA is definitely a plus.

I have the smaller coffee table version of this from CB2. I happen to REALLY like it. The quality is great....it's a very heavy table.

computerpro3

Reaction score

Wrong. I've been building and selling computers for a long time and I have to laugh at your idea that the people putting these together are "pros" in "special conditions." Putting together computers is slave labor and any monkey could do it. That being said, I guarantee you I have more experience and technical knowledge than any of their assembly line employees do. It literally takes 30 minutes to get an entire computer going from scratch, INCLUDING operating system install since I utilize images (As does any intelligent company).

While you're right that the price I gave him doesn't include my hourly rate or testing, I generally just charge a flat 12% on builds under $500 so it still comes out significantly cheaper.

Regardless, he got totally ripped off. Numerous boutique builders - and even big box OEM's - offer better deals on far superior hardware.

computerpro3

Reaction score
And for a more ontopic post, my haul for the week: Montblanc 146
DSC01562.jpg
1756064_-DZE3599.jpg
Rotring 600 black mechanical pencil .05mm
rotring+mechanical+pencils.jpg
Lamy 2000 Mechanical Pencil
Model%20101%20%96%20LAMY%202000%20Mechanical%20pencil.jpg
Sangean shower radio (******* amazing)
SNGH201-L.jpg
4Sevens Revo SS
Revo_SS_2.jpg
And ten of these
OCZ-Vertex-LE-Reasonably-limited-Edition-100GB-SSD.jpg

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Three turtle shells in various sizes.

Home decor? Starting an eyeglass company?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads