• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I just bought a... (non clothing item)

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Do you keep it in your wallet? I'd think that would ruin the electronics in it?

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's my plan. I actually have it in my wallet now, and I figure it's fine. I slid into one of the slots under where i keep my credit cards (if that makes sense. So it's out of sight when I pull my wallet out, but I still have it on me). You could call the state department up and ask them if you want to know for sure.

turboman808

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD
SRAM Red. If you want to see my actual individual weights of the parts click here.

5496307442_8ea9bbf2b9.jpg

Thats a really nice set. Gonna build a new bike next year and build it with that set I imagine. I was always a Record man but the prices for record group set is just getting out of hand.

In the mean time I am getting a tandem for my and the wife to use soon. Cannondale seems to make the only affordable tandem anymore. All the others I see are well over 8k.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by turboman808
In the mean time I am getting a tandem for my and the wife to use soon. Cannondale seems to make the only affordable tandem anymore. All the others I see are well over 8k.

You should seriously look also at Co-Motion.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by turboman808
Thats a really nice set. Gonna build a new bike next year and build it with that set I imagine. I was always a Record man but the prices for record group set is just getting out of hand. In the mean time I am getting a tandem for my and the wife to use soon. Cannondale seems to make the only affordable tandem anymore. All the others I see are well over 8k.
the shifting compared to ultegra is a lot crisper and faster, but requires more effort on the shift lever. Plus with the hollow one piece cassette it amplifies the rear derailleur shifts - hence the main complaints about SRAM being "louder". i got to try out a $13,000.00 Colnago EPS with full Super Record the other day... the shifts are buttery smooth, only a minute movement on the lever, whisper quiet, and feel almost like an sports car with those triptronic shift paddles. the sram red is like using a stick shift on a older porsche 911, it really lets you know what gear you're in, and takes a little "muscle" to get the gear you want. That said, for the price I got the whole set... the pic i put up is actually from the eBay seller I bought from, the performance/weight/price ratio makes sram pretty much the best choice.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrianVarick
Shun 7" Santoku Shun 6" Chefs
Nice! Treat them well. Did you buy the 6" because you prefer a shorter length with a chef's knife? I have an 8" and find it is just the perfect size for ease of use. 10" is too large for me, personally.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Nice! Treat them well.

Did you buy the 6" because you prefer a shorter length with a chef's knife? I have an 8" and find it is just the perfect size for ease of use. 10" is too large for me, personally.

I think 7" is perfect for my hand, so I didn't want to go longer, and didn't want to stay the same. The 6" chef's will be used for smaller jobs, almost taking the place of a paring knife.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I bought a Job table lamp today for $600 but I think I'm going to end up flipping it. I got it from an estate sale and they undervalued it by $500 or so.
serien-lighting-job-table-lamp-with-switch-dimmer-with-base--p--serien-jb1001_3.jpg

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

pstoller

Reaction score
1904 Hamburg Steinway A art case grand piano w/new Dale Erwin 1000 year-old sitka spruce soundboard.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Homme
Godsend after 4 months of iphone internet browsing.

You're a champ. My wireless network has been down in my apartment for the past week and I can't even bring myself to internet browse on my phone (maybe b/c it's a nokia) for 30 mins a night.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads