• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

LuisedPicked

Reaction score
A quick filter change on my Borodino

xO45HLg.jpg

L7ERcV5.jpg

nmwkqZM.jpg

XjUgmlP.jpg

6h1JU2b.jpg

edpoTLm.jpg

n4AiCqR.jpg

ovfmFd2.jpg

J11RGqc.jpg

obecity

Reaction score
A quick filter change on my Borodino

xO45HLg.jpg

L7ERcV5.jpg

nmwkqZM.jpg

XjUgmlP.jpg

6h1JU2b.jpg

edpoTLm.jpg

n4AiCqR.jpg

ovfmFd2.jpg

J11RGqc.jpg
Ding dang! That’s perfection! Straight up. The Borodino has been a frame I’ve always wanted but never willing to pay the insane price for which they go currently, and that’s if you can even find the ding dang frame. Congratulations to you on a great frame (and lens combination). B-e-a-u-TIFUL!!!!

Edited to correct spelling…I’m such a clod.

Last edited:

Hannibal4242

Reaction score
Ding dang! That’s perfection! Straight up. The Bordolino has been a frame I’ve always wanted but never willing to pay the insane price for which they go currently, and that’s if you can even find the ding dang frame. Congratulations to you on a great frame (and lens combination). B-e-a-u-TIFUL!!!!
The akoni Hercules looks similar

fmvazquez

Reaction score
Also found interesting the Seed 2.0 in Fellini/Vendome. But I already have the seed Fellini and Vendome camel which are similar.
We have to wait for the actual releases of course, but I'm not very impressed from what I see. A lot of solid colours which I'm not interested in. I can detect a Breathe (or Glacier?) Evans (hopefully there will be more colourways) and some frames in a strong blue, which will make someone happy here.

Edit: difficult to say with surety, but it seems to be there a colourway similar to Seed (Vendome and Fellini?), that would be great

LuisedPicked

Reaction score
Ding dang! That’s perfection! Straight up. The Bordolino has been a frame I’ve always wanted but never willing to pay the insane price for which they go currently, and that’s if you can even find the ding dang frame. Congratulations to you on a great frame (and lens combination). B-e-a-u-TIFUL!!!!

In my humble opinion, the Borodino, the Devaux, and the Pasolini are the most beautiful frames that Jerome has ever produced.

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
Akoni has some excellent designs. I was unaware of the one you mentioned. I’ll take a look. Thank you.
Take a look but it’s definitely different. I have the Hercules - it’s meant to be a “large and in charge” type frame. It’s super blocky and masculine. I get “bouncer” comments when I wear them. Outside of the side shields, they are completely different. The closest comparable frame in jmm is probably the hemmings, but even those don’t have the same effect

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
The CH (Chrome Hearts) prices are absolute insanity. I have three pairs from years passed, but they are the understated variety. I really like the above frame. For my own safety, please everyone no more posts about Chrome Hearts.
Most of the frames have detailing that is more similar to jmm last frontier, yet most are cheaper than lf frames, so from that perspective they aren’t that bad (of course some people think lf frames are insanity so yeah)

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of the frames have detailing that is more similar to jmm last frontier, yet most are cheaper than lf frames, so from that perspective they aren’t that bad (of course some people think lf frames are insanity so yeah)
An optician mentioned to me he thought CH is on another level (than mainline JMM) and the Last Frontier is JMM’s way of competing. Putting personal aesthetics of the CH look aside, having seen some of the frames, that seems to be a sound assessment, especially if you compare price points. JMM LF has even gotten more expensive than CH, but I do love the use of turquoise, which I’m sure adds to cost of production.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads