• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I am back at the gym!!!

mrpologuy

Reaction score
After letting myself go for a long time and piling on the weight, I am back at the gym. I have been working out 4-5 times a week for 2 weeks now. I have cut out the fast food and the soda. I don't even have been in the house now. That hasn't happened in years. I feel a lot better now and have been sleeping a lot better. It was time to do something and get in shape now. I just felt like I needed to put this out there to hopefully get some positive feedback.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
that is excellent and good luck on your progress. i should start hitting the gym too . i really miss it and really let myself go as well. i remember when size 32 waist jeans were loose and now i can barely fit into 36 waist dress pants.
i used to make fun of men with man boobs and now i am the one with them. talk about irony. i used to be able to see the definition of my stomach muscles and chest muscles and stuff but now all i feel is pillowy fat mass. i used to be 175lbs lean but now i am 217 lbs fatts. but it is going to be tough as the holidays are now rolling in, it will be an uphill battle i may most possibly lose.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrpologuy
After letting myself go for a long time and piling on the weight, I am back at the gym. I have been working out 4-5 times a week for 2 weeks now. I have cut out the fast food and the soda. I don't even have been in the house now. That hasn't happened in years. I feel a lot better now and have been sleeping a lot better. It was time to do something and get in shape now. I just felt like I needed to put this out there to hopefully get some positive feedback.

Great job, feel free to PM me with any questions, I'm a personal trainer and I'll do my best to help you out.

adversity04

Reaction score
Nice! I hope all goes well. Definitely take Eason up on his offer and ask any questions to the community. We'll try to steer you in what we each think is the right direction
devil.gif
Enjoy yourself and have fun at this point, you can worry about having a completely clean diet and doing X, Y and Z when you're in the habit of going on a consistent basis.

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
And don't ruin it with alcohol binges. I've decided alcohol is the main reason people get fat (me included).

MunnyGuy

Reaction score
As I am sure EASON will probably tell you. Don't forget to give your body time to heal between workouts. Good for you though! I just recently got involved in Kung-Fu and am amazed at how soft I had become.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
I feel like doing some snatches.

Hey, me too!

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Keep at it!

Practice does not make perfect. But practice does make progress.

Great minds think alike...last June I began working with a personal trainer three times a week. (I had never darkened the door of a gym in my life.) It was one of the greatest decisions I ever made. I feel absolutely great. I have dropped 10 pounds and now weigh what I should and have started to strengthen some very flabby muscle! I have lost 1.5 inches off the waist. I may have lost some of that weight watching the Tigers lose and lose and lose during August. And at Michigan's first two home games!

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today was my first appointment with a personal trainer. I got ****** kicked. I don't know how people do it, but I guess I'm going to find out.

Good luck
smile.gif

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by briancl
Today was my first appointment with a personal trainer. I got ****** kicked. I don't know how people do it, but I guess I'm going to find out.

Good luck
smile.gif

Some PT's yell--as if yelling is going to get results. (I've seen them in the gym.) Others teach. I am constantly being corrected about "form", but in a positive way. I have a great PT; he works me to near death, but he makes me enjoy every minute of it.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One question for the PTs on here or people working out with a PT. Are most of your personal trainers focusing on isolation exercises? It seems like every time I see people working out with a PT at my gym, they're doing pretty esoteric isolation exercises rather than compound exercises.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads