• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chiggyv

Reaction score
FWIW here are my sizes and thoughts
AE 65 last 9.5D
AE Patriots 9D, a bit too tight
Van 9D
Barrie 9D nice fit, a bit loose
GS travelers (4 pair) 9D: great fit. No heel slip, plenty of room in the toe box. My most comfortable loafers.
So my guess for you: 11.5D, maybe E if you like a looser fit in loafers. I prefer slightly tighter.
YMMV
I'm going to chime in and agree with @SonnyUte on this. 11.5D if you like a tighter fit. I'm an 8.5 or 9 in Barrie, 8.5 or 9 in Aberdeen, AE 65 last is a 9D and I went with 8.5D in the Traveller's (SonnyUte has me beat by 1 pair) and they fit great, no heel slip and as he said, room in the toe box. I, as well, prefer loafers to be slightly tighter. I went with this size based on my experience with the Leo last on boots as 8.5 works best without my orthotics, which I dislike wearing (even though podiatrist says I need to). If I wear a 9 can accommodate the orthotics, but they throw off a loafer fit so went with the 8.5.
Thanks I will try and order the wide variant. Depending on the last I wear an E or 3E but do wear a D width on the Leo last if I go up a 1/2 size which was recommended by GS.
If you feel your 11.5D Alden Barrie feels good but is a touch on the roomy side, I would suggest our 11.5D... that's just my $0.02... :cheers:
What he said!
What they both said!
We're close.
Maker/LastYouMe
AE 5-last11.5E11.5E
Alden Aberdeen12E12E (try-on only)
Alden Barrie11.5D slightly loose11.5D awesome
Alden Leydon12Eown/like 12E and 11.5E
Alden Van12DN/A
C&J 32511UK11.5UK (try-on only - they recommended an 11UK, but it wasn't great. The 11.5UK was pretty good from the try-on, but not as good as Leo or Oliver for me at 11.5D.
Sneakers (Nike, Epaulet, Converse, Vans)1312.5 where available in Nike, 13 otherwise, 12 in the rest.

So Josh recommended 11.5D in the Alexander last, and it's damn good (my best-fitting boot is Leo in 11.5D, edging out Barrie), I'd go with what he recommended. As you might have read, I was highly skeptical about fit based on trying to get other loafers to work, but the loafers were really good from the first second and have only improved. I'm now entirely comfortable with their recommendations, and I agree with his thought that you'll almost certainly find that Alexander will be a bit trimmer than Barrie without moving to narrow.
You never cease to impress me, a sizing spreadsheet- that is AWESOME!

Thank you all for the input - @GrantStone get these fellas some commission!

My main concern with 11.5 was the length but with the chart @M635Guy provided has left me confident to place an order. Looking forward to posting some pics soon!

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My main concern with 11.5 was the length
If length was your big concern, fear no longer - if Barrie and the 5-last work for you at 11.5, length won't be an issue. I was more concerned about width, toe-room and pressure at the strap and have found all three to be non-issues. The Alexander last is a similar length to Leo, and has similar dimension for me in terms of toe-room without looking huge/blobby (which is a nice trick). I feel the strap, but there's no uncomfortable pressure there that I found with others. I'd compare it to the phenomenon I have with my chukkas - they feel really different on my feet in a way I'm both aware of and entirely comfortable with (literally and figuratively).

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Plain Toe Crimson CXL Blucher for a quick trip to the office this morning
IMG_7055.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nah. Just re-release the Ottawa in pebble grain calf on a leather sole, and I will be a happy man! ?
It is a nice boot! I have a thing for pebble grain and leather soles on footwear.....so even though I have a pair of the aforementioned GS pebble grain Ottawa, I agree with you. Now, a pebble grain Diesel boot, on leather.....mmmmmmm......

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@GrantStone Glad to see you guys have the EEE's out now. How have the sales been so far? Do you think you will do a EEE loafer next spring?

Right now I'm on a watch kick so no budget for shoes but I do plan on trying a pair this fall. Black Diesel unless something else comes out that tickles my fancy more.

Josh Lange

Reaction score
@GrantStone Glad to see you guys have the EEE's out now. How have the sales been so far? Do you think you will do a EEE loafer next spring?

Right now I'm on a watch kick so no budget for shoes but I do plan on trying a pair this fall. Black Diesel unless something else comes out that tickles my fancy more.

We've seen a little spike in sales, but it's going to be a slow steady seller for us. As we gain customers and more reviews, we hope to gain some traction and start attracting some of those who know they need wider widths. Even allow some of those who might not realize it yet, to jump into a wider width and let that foot spread.

We probably won't come out with the EEE loafers for a little while though.
Nothing has been set in stone with regards to a timeline.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
latinphrases33