• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since it's April Fools, Mike, is there any word on the drop date for the Ryden x Epaulet x Alden?
deadhorse-a.gif
deadhorse-a.gif
deadhorse-a.gif

Cheers and have a good weekend!

lol as much as I want these to show up, I need to offload a couple pairs to cover these last couple preorders

brp2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loving the Harris Glaswegian EFF. The fit is great and it's heavy as hell -- I'm nearly positive it outweighs any other sport coat I've got by a wide margin -- and it's perfect as an outer layer in the unpredictable spring of the mountain west. Went largely Epaulet today, pairing it with another EFF, the heavyweight navy shetlands.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So to balance out my boring recent Individualized order of blue and white shirts I went indigo hand dyed and madras batik in the EFF. Both shortsleeved. Should be some fun for the warmer weather.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So to balance out my boring recent Individualized order of blue and white shirts I went indigo hand dyed and madras batik in the EFF. Both shortsleeved. Should be some fun for the warmer weather.

I had the Indigo hand dyed long sleeve in my cart but at the last second I canceled that choice.

Just couldn't get a good idea how it would look. Or how it would look on me.

It sure is funky though.

Can't wait to see yours!

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I had the Indigo hand dyed long sleeve in my cart but at the last second I canceled that choice.

Just couldn't get a good idea how it would look. Or how it would look on me.

It sure is funky though.

Can't wait to see yours!

Without a doubt funky. I figured shortsleeved would put it in the Aloha shirt neighborhood and that seems about right.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New England summer EFF pickups in:

Navy Handloomed Madras
Cayman Islands Chambray
Albini Circle Print Linen
Natural Indigo Hand-Dye
Olive Madras Batik

Got my Streaky/Slubby Indigo Cotton-Linen Rivets hemmed the other day. Waiting on Tobacco Cotton-Linen and REDA Indigo Hopsack Walts. Lightweight Lubiam & Southwick SCs hanging in the closet. Was in the 70s in New York yesterday. Summer can't come soon enough.

SherifEnt

Reaction score
New England summer EFF pickups in:

Navy Handloomed Madras
Cayman Islands Chambray
Albini Circle Print Linen
Natural Indigo Hand-Dye
Olive Madras Batik

Got my Streaky/Slubby Indigo Cotton-Linen Rivets hemmed the other day. Waiting on Tobacco Cotton-Linen and REDA Indigo Hopsack Walts. Lightweight Lubiam & Southwick SCs hanging in the closet. Was in the 70s in New York yesterday. Summer can't come soon enough.

Great pick up all around. Enjoy

cyclohexane

Reaction score
Just wanted to take a moment to publicly thank the @Epaulet crew that handles my needy-customer emails with aplomb: Mike, Adele, @EP Sam, @EP Dylan, and David. Hope I didn't forget anyone.

I don't remember exactly how I found EP; I think it was actually because I was impressed by someone's story about how well you all handled some kind of preorder mishap. Discovered this thread and was a big fan of the transparency and interactions with customers and potential customers.

Cheers!

-Another Michael

jvc44

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the cone denim Wilshires stretch at the waist band? All my other Wilshires stretched pretty quickly , this pair is not seaming to give ? Thanks for response!

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Epaulet Taylor (size 33) came in yesterday. Quick shipping, compliments to the team for using USPS Priority. I always like USPS for all domestic mail.

I threw on the pants and asked for some help to document a quick fit pic.

The pants are very comfortable. My initial impressions was no work needed to be done in the waist, felt perfect and I just required an alteration to the inseam. I do feel like there is extra material in the seat especially the back rise (and after seeing the photos confirms my suspicion).

A belt was not necessary but it keeps the pants leveled. I can imagine now that suspenders can really go well with the pants given the high rise and fishtail back.

What I think:

1. The pants exaggerate my hips in a bad way
  2. There seems to be a lot of excess fabric, which may be the cause for point 1
  3. Would suspenders help give the illusion of a balanced hip (i.e. pants hanging from my waist versus hugging to stay up)?
  4. I have read that pleated, high rise pants may look best on a certain body type. I am a fairly slim guy, too. Even, perhaps my proportions are not meant for high waist pants.*

*I will add that the photographer was crouching, so, the angle may be a little lower than at standard waist level. I also have a bad habit of crossing my arms, which I feel gives this static shot a poor presentation. If I threw on a sweater or jacket it most definitely would have helped my case here I think since it would conceal most of the seat area..

Other thoughts: I think wool would hang better than cotton, which is always my preference. I think aesthetically there are a few things to work on, but the silhouette is not too off from what I am familiar with for high rise pants. From the back the pants appear to be like regular chinos (*cringe*). I am not too concerned with the inseam and leg opening. I usually wear approximately 31" inseam and prefer anywhere from 8" to 8.25" taper. No cuff since I think my legs are not straight and concur with one of the members here on CM (@TweedyProf interview with Keikari is a good one).

The Taylor is by far are the most comfortable RTW pants I have purchased and I really want to make it work out. For anyone looking for RTW pants that accommodate a fuller seat the Taylor (and the Gable) should be a worthwhile option. It is really hard to find a pair of RTW pants without going MTO or even bespoke.I know have been searching for a while. Epaulet price point is also hard to beat.

Upon reviewing the photos, there are a few things that bother me and I am curious whether a size down will alleviate the issues. In terms of alterations it may also lessen the work that needs to be done. A size down I imagine would mean that I may need to let out the waist and shorten the inseam but potentially avoid asking for more complicated work to be done in the seat.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads