• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK

dixonmanor

Reaction score
Bloomingdale's in SF has their first delivery out on the floor... it's small, but contains some of the more wild pieces, including the Ground Jacket in Navy Floral, the Windbreaker in Yellow (which I was surprising attracted to... it's vry bright, but it's just the right shade), the tie-dye Popover (instant pick up for me), the jacket (Baker, ANdover? I wasn't really paying attention) with the little anchors all over, and maybe a few other things. I didn't notice any pants or shorts. MAC is also supposed to have taken their 2nd delivery recently, maybe I'll wander down there this afternoon and see what I can see. Bastille also had their first delivery out... Very similar to the BLoomingdale's buy.

aphelan

Reaction score

I took this over the weekend, it just so happens i had a similar look going that's why i posted the pic from Second Stage's website. Since everyone in this forum is an EG connoisseur. I don't need to detail what pieces im wearing. I also got me a few other pieces and ill post fit pics soon.
What type of shoes are those?

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have fit pics of the field parka this season?

Knight

Reaction score
The khaki jacket is V nice in the photo.

Jumping on the ground jacket, removable hood? tia.

What type of shoes are those?

The Ground Jacket khaki is awesome! Ive mentioned this before but ive gotten a lot of wear out of this! You guys will too, Yes it is a removable hood, looks great with it tbh, fully buttoned up looks awesome esp since the shirts tend to drape below... Another piece i'm loving is the Shawl Collar Cardigan, i got that from Gary in a Navy and again loving it! The shoes im wearing are from Folk SS12 called the Kieron -- in a Tan colour.

Has anyone owned a Bedford jacket from a SS collection? I'm tossing between this and a Truman in an Ecru. Can i ask for your thoughts on fit? Is a Bedford a sports jacket for any occasion opposed to the Truman? Is this a right thing to say? I appreciate your feedback so thank you :)

Dino19

Reaction score
Knight, have you seen the Ground Jacket in Blue? I still cannot decide whether Blue or Khaki.One guy saw it & said that the Blue appeared pretty strong. I'm attracted by the Blue but I do not want it to be a short term affair. I'm buying EG wanting it to be a classic/evergreen.

racknac

Reaction score

Bloomingdale's in SF has their first delivery out on the floor... it's small, but contains some of the more wild pieces, including the Ground Jacket in Navy Floral, the Windbreaker in Yellow (which I was surprising attracted to... it's vry bright, but it's just the right shade), the tie-dye Popover (instant pick up for me), the jacket (Baker, ANdover? I wasn't really paying attention) with the little anchors all over, and maybe a few other things. I didn't notice any pants or shorts. MAC is also supposed to have taken their 2nd delivery recently, maybe I'll wander down there this afternoon and see what I can see. Bastille also had their first delivery out... Very similar to the BLoomingdale's buy.

What size are you? The guy at bloomies mentioned that he has a few customers who are regular EG buyers, I want to see if anyone else in SF will be competing with me for Medium items. I honestly did not like the windbreaker...

grooveholmes

Reaction score
Terrible news. My popover (via Context) was due to be delivered between "4:15 and 7pm" and UPS completely fucked it up. I was at home until 8:30pm and it was not delivered. I left the house at that time and checked the tracking around 8:45pm and it said it had been dropped off at the front door at 8:14pm. Utter garbage. I called UPS and emailed Context, but this is the second time UPS has mis-delivered something on top of being consistently, ridiculously late in delivery.

racknac

Reaction score

Any stores outside of Japan going to be stocking Khaki color?

Shingles

Reaction score

Has anyone owned a Bedford jacket from a SS collection? I'm tossing between this and a Truman in an Ecru. Can i ask for your thoughts on fit? Is a Bedford a sports jacket for any occasion opposed to the Truman? Is this a right thing to say? I appreciate your feedback so thank you :)

I own the Unlined Bedford Dark Navy Heavy Whipcord (more like black actually) from SS11. Within that genre/type of jacket it's pretty much my favorite jacket ever. I also have a FW12 Bedford and FW12 Truman, and soon will be getting this springs Ecru Truman.

I like the fit of the Bedford more. It's a little boxier and shorter in length. I find the fit amazing. If you like your shirts to drape below (at both cuffs and hem) you'll love the Bedford. The Truman is longer, same length as most of my shirts which is a shame. It also has longer sleeves, I like the cuffs of my shirts to be visible below the jacket aswell, so I had to have the sleeves shortened on my Truman an inch (they were very long to begin with).

I'd say both jackets are good allround jackets. I can not understand how any of them would be "better" than the other, apart from that the Truman is perhaps a bit more "dressed" while the Bedford might appear more "sporty".

Of all the sport coats the Bedford is my favorite, although I have yet to try the Baker and Andover. I aim to get my first Andover this year, be it SS or FW. Will also soon receive a SS12 Brookline. If you'd like I can comment on the fit of that aswell.

My suggestion is that you get a dark navy or black Bedford. Something that can be matched with pretty much anything. It will (hopefully) stay in your closet for a very long time.

Hope that helps. :)

Last edited:

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score
RE the Truman and Bedford, I think a big part of choosing will come from the fabric and detailing. We picked up the truman because we thought the double breast pocket was a smart and fun styling point and the linen / cotton fabric is incredibly soft and nice for summer. I dont know if one is any more versatile or better than the other. there's not really a wrong answer. it's more about filling spots in a wardrobe or getting a coat that works as a good starting point

dixonmanor

Reaction score

What size are you? The guy at bloomies mentioned that he has a few customers who are regular EG buyers, I want to see if anyone else in SF will be competing with me for Medium items. I honestly did not like the windbreaker...

I'm typically a Large in shirting, a 34/Medium in pants/shorts, and anywhere from a Medium to an XL in outerwear/suiting. I picked up the Tie-Dye Popover in Large, and ended up picking up the Yellow Windbreaker in Large at MAC (they have the red too). I could've gone with the medium in the Windbreaker, but sized up for a more relaxed fit. MAC also has the Beach Popover in Navy Blue... nice piece.

rotide

Reaction score
anyone seen any other pics of this rail road? just wanting to check a few other pics out before arranging a proxy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads