• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Ground Jacket khaki is awesome! Ive mentioned this before but ive gotten a lot of wear out of this! You guys will too, Yes it is a removable hood, looks great with it tbh, fully buttoned up looks awesome esp since the shirts tend to drape below... Another piece i'm loving is the Shawl Collar Cardigan, i got that from Gary in a Navy and again loving it! The shoes im wearing are from Folk SS12 called the Kieron -- in a Tan colour.

Has anyone owned a Bedford jacket from a SS collection? I'm tossing between this and a Truman in an Ecru. Can i ask for your thoughts on fit? Is a Bedford a sports jacket for any occasion opposed to the Truman? Is this a right thing to say? I appreciate your feedback so thank you :)

Thanks knight.
One last question on the elastic cuff, is it too tight? I notice your wearing a watch, do you find it obstructive when trying to cover/uncover it with the sleeve? thanks again....

Oh and imho there is no real bedford fabric/color standout this season so you could easily get one in the future, whereas the ecru is probably the nicest truman to date, looks fantastic with jeans and afaik its a new fabric and if no other jacket gets made with it later you'll likely regret not buying it,,,, I already have a couple of fabric specific pieces I regret not getting in the past, it's not a club you want to join man.

Last edited:

yesssir

Reaction score
Does the andover and truman fit similar? I tried on this seasons andover and it was TTS but I had to size up in the baker. Unfortunately I haven't been able to try on a truman. Thanks.

Knight

Reaction score

I'm referring to the Light Blue. I also like the Light Blue but I do not want it to be just an instant attraction. Khaki is a neutral colour & is always easier to match or me. Maybe I'll get the Ground Jacket in Khaki & the Windbreaker in Light Blue. At the moment, I'm still waiting for Gary to get me a XS in the Tri-Colour Beach Popover.

Thanks for your honest opinion. I really appreciate it.

If you're on the fence and want to get at least 1 piece, I recommend the Ground Jacket in Khaki.

Such a versatile piece; it really goes with anything.

I haven't seen any of this seasons jackets in person, and I love my bedford, but if I were to buy one blazer from this season, it would definitely be the ecru truman. seems like a truly great fabric.

Agreed! The khaki is the way to go. But it seems you've nailed the 2 birds by getting a light blue windbreaker.

Thanks for the advice regarding the Truman the ecru linen one is stunning.

KenKoo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Terrible news. My popover (via Context) was due to be delivered between "4:15 and 7pm" and UPS completely fucked it up. I was at home until 8:30pm and it was not delivered. I left the house at that time and checked the tracking around 8:45pm and it said it had been dropped off at the front door at 8:14pm. Utter garbage. I called UPS and emailed Context, but this is the second time UPS has mis-delivered something on top of being consistently, ridiculously late in delivery.
OMG That's awful!! I hope this will work out for you eventually!

Hi everybody, I'm new here so please be gentle. Okay, so I'm all over EG now and have a couple of questions for you guys who've taken to have their stuff altered. I'm usually an XXS or XS in most brands and I've tried on a couple of EG shirts and jackets and I really want to make S work for me but I have to do something about that fit! Even with layering I have a lot of fabric sticking out like in all directions? Is that an issue for the other leaner guys in this thread? How do you make it work? I'm looking to buy the paisley blazer and maybe a couple of floral shirts and shorts, not too much into the parkas and rain jackets.

JOA

Reaction score

Long sleeve 19th c bd.

I have several 19th C. BDs (and 2 from SS '11) and I am also a size Medium. I find that the shirts fit very true to size (probably around a 21.5" chest measurement). Just be mindful of the short front placket, which many people see as having a "skirt-like" effect on the line of the shirt. Hope this is helpful.

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have several 19th C. BDs (and 2 from SS '11) and I am also a size Medium. I find that the shirts fit very true to size (probably around a 21.5" chest measurement). Just be mindful of the short front placket, which many people see as having a "skirt-like" effect on the line of the shirt. Hope this is helpful.

Very helpful! Thanks!

Has anyone seen this long banded collar shirt anywhere yet? (on the right)

Last edited:

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does the andover and truman fit similar? I tried on this seasons andover and it was TTS but I had to size up in the baker. Unfortunately I haven't been able to try on a truman. Thanks.

You had to size UP from an andover to a baker?, sleeve length perhaps?

yesssir

Reaction score

You had to size UP from an andover to a baker?, sleeve length perhaps?

Yea I tried on the navy andover in a medium, which is tts, and it fit perfect everywhere. Then I tried on the paisley baker in a medium and I couldn't even get it on. It was too slim in the body. Is the baker generally slimmer?

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Usually the andover is slimmer than the baker, but then again its EG and fit varies season to season, sometimes a little, sometimes a lot,,,, (apparently based on daikis binge eating/dieting).

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you know, some people complain about the EG sizing variation season to season...I kinda like it. Keeps it interesting and if you happen to fall between sizes or some aspect of the fit on something just isn't working for you...then next year it may be perfect, who knows. My weight can fluctuate some too so it's nice to have a range to choose from...I have chambray workshirts spanning 6 seasons and love the variety...some are really slim and long, some are roomy and shorter, some are in between.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everything I wanted sold out instantly in XL :(
I guess it's good for my wallet at least

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.