• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 14

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks!! Grabbed the blue dobby button down. $20 for shipping was kinda steep but still a good deal

I've found their shipping to be fantastic for $20. My last order from Inventory arrived DHL next day (I placed the order at ~4PM our time). Previous orders were 1-2 days also.

Most recently picked up the Workaday Utility jacket in navy bedford cord. Love it! It seems to sell out in XL so I jumped on it a few weeks ago.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cool. Thanks for the insight! I'd love to get it quickly as my patience is not my strong suit ;)

kwonster

Reaction score
anyone have or tried on the short hunter jacket (varsity)? Thoughts?

Thinking of getting a medium, but the measurements seem rather large (Pit-to-Pit: 23" / Shoulder: 18.5" / Length: 26" / Sleeve: 25.5")

eluther

Reaction score
@kwonster I have some other Golden Bear stuff (not EG collabs) and it all fits TTS despite the apparently large measurements. That pic from Rooney is strange; doesn't fit the model in the shoulders, though the length is right. My guess is that he's 6'1 wearing a M for the length, but it's too large on him because he only weighs 150-155lbs.

Lollie

Reaction score
No that guy is around 6'4 maybe more. He works at the Topshop in downtown Montreal...ran into him a few months ago and recognized him from the Rooney website heh. Anyways clothes always seem to fit him awkwardly (sleeves always too short).

eluther

Reaction score
Damn. All the worse. Here's a picture of Sunjatha the old Tres Bien model, who I'm assuming is wearing a M because of the length and – if I remember correctly – what the site said he wore.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

anyone have or tried on the short hunter jacket (varsity)? Thoughts?

http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1555529/width/500/height/1000

Thinking of getting a medium, but the measurements seem rather large (Pit-to-Pit: 23" / Shoulder: 18.5" / Length: 26" / Sleeve: 25.5")

I picked up the small from Rooney shop a little while ago and can say that the piece is awesome and fits TTS. I'm a small in just about all tops/shirts/knits (especially EG) and the small was the right fit. Hits just below the belt so it isn't in that weird short cropped length that rides on the top of your belt everytime you raise your arms like older season Ervell bombers for instance. It's a warm piece for what it is, I like that colorway a lot.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pretty sure they're made by golden bear and there are also two models - one with no bottom ribbing and one with. would love the olive one if i could ever find it in xs.

a141114fw1.jpg

Last edited:

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Damn. All the worse. Here's a picture of Sunjatha the old Tres Bien model, who I'm assuming is wearing a M because of the length and – if I remember correctly – what the site said he wore.

the xl was huge on me and my chest is 49 and my arms are 21.5

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@agvs The floral version is tight. I'd originally planned on it, but found the grey HB version way cheaper. I think the floral side looks dope with navy, olive, grey, dark and light brown trousers – i.e. the spectrum.

There's also the khaki/brown homespun version, which was less popularly stocked, but if you didn't pick up anything else in brown homespun this season is dope.

We have the smaller sizes available in the Khaki/Brown Homespun.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics