• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheaney

Northants bloke

Reaction score
Cheaney Pennines have been on my wish list for a while. On their maiden voyage today.

20180225_123319.jpg

20180225_160224.jpg

Carl1955

Reaction score
Bodileys Burford Tan Country Grain (By Cheaney), a recent acquisition from the Bodileys Sale

Cheaney & Bodiley Boots Mar 2018 007.JPG

Cheaney & Bodiley Boots Mar 2018 006.JPG

I received an email from Bodileys about a week ago making me aware of their sale with an image of these boots in the mail. Not stating who made the boots I contacted Sarah at Bodileys by email as she and her company receive some love on this site for their customer service. She replied almost immediately and made me aware that all their London Collection are made by Cheaney, and with me having a nice pair of Cheaney Richmond R Derby boots in Mahogany Grain I decided to take the plunge and order a pair. Free delivery via DHL came within 48 hours, nicely packaged with 2 boot bags and a free pair of Pantherella Socks which was a nice touch. They looked great straight from the box, nice last not to rounded, soft leather, well finished and comfortable from the get go. I was expecting the boots to be slightly lighter in colour, though a few hours in the midday sun will lighten that (though being careful not to over do it, and applying Saphir neutral cream afterwards, I've done this with a couple of other Tan shoes I wanted to lighten and I achieved the look I was after with no adverse affect). Overall I'm very pleased with my new additions and the purchasing process throughout with Bodileys, who also stock a number of other well known English brands such as, Alfred Sargent,Crockett & Jones and Trickers.
Great Service, Great price (£224 with BOD20)Great quality (whats not to like!!).

Some information regarding Sarah & Bodileys
https://therake.com/stories/craft/bodileys-born-last/?utm_source=partners&utm_medium=bodileys-a

Carl.

Last edited:

Elderidge

Reaction score
Bodileys Burford Tan Country Grain (By Cheaney), a recent acquisition from the Bodileys Sale

View attachment 938322
View attachment 938323

I received an email from Bodileys about a week ago making me aware of their sale with an image of these boots in the mail. Not sating who made the boots I contacted Sarah at Bodileys by email as she and her company receive some love on this site for their customer service. She replied almost immediately and made me aware that all their London Collection are made by Cheaney, and with me having a nice pair of Cheaney Richmond R Derby boots in Mahogany Grain I decided to take the plunge and order a pair. Free delivery via DHL came within 48 hours, nicely packaged with 2 boot bags and a free pair of Pantherella Socks which was a nice touch. They looked great straight from the box, nice last not to rounded, soft leather, well finished and comfortable from the get go. I was expecting the boots to be slightly lighter in colour, though a few hours in the midday sun with lighten that (though being careful not to over do it, and applying Saphir neutral cream afterwards, I've done this with a couple of other Tan shoes I wanted to lighten and I achieved the look I was after with no adverse affect). Overall I'm very pleased with my new additions and the purchasing process throughout with Bodileys, who also stock a number of other well known English brands such as, Alfred Sargent,Crockett & Jones and Trickers.
Great Service, Great price (£224 with BOD20)Great quality (whats not to like!!).

https://therake.com/stories/craft/bodileys-born-last/?utm_source=partners&utm_medium=bodileys-a

Carl.

Looks great! I havent had the pleasure of Cheaney boots yet (normally sticking to trickers or AS) but their shoes are great and i'm sure their boots are just as good. enjoy them!

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 938322
View attachment 938323

I received an email from Bodileys about a week ago making me aware of their sale with an image of these boots in the mail. Not stating who made the boots I contacted Sarah at Bodileys by email as she and her company receive some love on this site for their customer service. She replied almost immediately and made me aware that all their London Collection are made by Cheaney, and with me having a nice pair of Cheaney Richmond R Derby boots in Mahogany Grain I decided to take the plunge and order a pair. Free delivery via DHL came within 48 hours, nicely packaged with 2 boot bags and a free pair of Pantherella Socks which was a nice touch. They looked great straight from the box, nice last not to rounded, soft leather, well finished and comfortable from the get go. I was expecting the boots to be slightly lighter in colour, though a few hours in the midday sun will lighten that (though being careful not to over do it, and applying Saphir neutral cream afterwards, I've done this with a couple of other Tan shoes I wanted to lighten and I achieved the look I was after with no adverse affect). Overall I'm very pleased with my new additions and the purchasing process throughout with Bodileys, who also stock a number of other well known English brands such as, Alfred Sargent,Crockett & Jones and Trickers.

Carl.

Who makes their Mayfair range? C&j?

Quantom

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm a long-time lurker and finally got a pair of Cheaney Lime in 8.5F not too many weeks back.

I'm not too sure if the problem I'm encountering is a one with my low instep (facings can touch if I lace up hard) or simply a poor choice of size. My right foot's a little longer than the left, and while the left foot feels totally relaxed as it takes a stride in the Lime, my toes on the right foot squish together through the step. Even when seated down in the Lime, I can feel my toes on the larger right foot gently touching each other.

This is my second pair of Goodyear welted shoes I got off Herring Shoes. Coincidentally, the first pair was a Lime 8F and that was way too tight for my larger foot. They remained tight through the month I wore them for, and by 'tight' I mean the mid-joints of the smaller toes of my larger right foot could not even make contact with the footbed. They're sitting in their original box and I plan to sell them soon.

So I bit the bullet thinking that a 1/2 size up would have resolved issues without creating too much space in the vamp that my low instep would become a problem. Alas, I'm still getting some toe squishiness as described earlier. I have also felt my feet get shoved uncomfortably to the front of the shoes as I walk down a sloping surface.

I find it strange that some of the folks here have found the 11028 last for the Lime to be roomy -- the imprint on the insoles show that my toes come very close to the uppers. Perhaps my feet are unusually sized? My gut tells me that sizing up to 9F would create far too much space for my low instep.

I'm hoping at this point that the upper stretches over time over the toe section so that I get a little more wiggle room. :( It's a little sad experiencing all this after spending all that money on shoes. I had originally gotten my fittings done at the Cheaney stores in London, but it's quite clear that taking a few steps in the store is very different from a day out in the shoes.

Sigh. Is there anyone who could offer some good advice?

Laced tight:
YvVWo8v.jpg

Some creasing along the vamp, which seems to suggest it's a tad long on the smaller foot:
xXfS795.jpg

Golly those toes feel tight:
QuHtYeY.jpg

Elderidge

Reaction score
I'm not sure what is up with the fit. You describe it as too narrow (toes squish) but at the same time 8.5 has you sliding forward which suggests it's too wide.

My personal experience with the 11028 last is that it is inconsistent. I have a couple of pairs, one of which felt a bit too tight and another felt perfect, if but a bit loose. both oxfords, go figure.

Maybe you should try a size 8 in G wide width and fill it up with a tongue pad? It would solve the narrowness and possibly the instep issue as well. I cant get tongue pads here in Australia so i normally just live with the narrowness or avoid the last entirely.

Quantom

Reaction score
I'm not sure what is up with the fit. You describe it as too narrow (toes squish) but at the same time 8.5 has you sliding forward which suggests it's too wide.

My personal experience with the 11028 last is that it is inconsistent. I have a couple of pairs, one of which felt a bit too tight and another felt perfect, if but a bit loose. both oxfords, go figure.

Maybe you should try a size 8 in G wide width and fill it up with a tongue pad? It would solve the narrowness and possibly the instep issue as well. I cant get tongue pads here in Australia so i normally just live with the narrowness or avoid the last entirely.

Thanks for the suggestion. Hmm dropping half a size yet increasing the width to an 8G.. wouldn't that size equate to the 8.5F in terms of width? My bigger foot is already struggling with the 8.5F's width.

Anyone know what's the typical US size/width conversion like for Cheaney when it comes to the 11028 and 125 lasts? A simple measurement using an online sizing chart (acemarks) put me around US 9E.

Patek14

Reaction score
Did anybody bother to look at those pictures? Those shoes are much much too wide. They shouldnt full close when brand new

PS - shoes crease along the vamp. get used to it

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads