• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheaney

Tim Apple

Reaction score
I have this boot. Its a handsome and rugged boot, lovely colour too. The fit is somewhat generous but not overly so. If you have narrow feet it would be a boot to wear a thick sock in but if your feet are normal to wide then you'll be fine in normal socks. Hope this helps.

How well do boots like this take to exposure to rain and snow? As you say, they are rugged boots and with that comes being worn in conditions that are much more severe than something like a Balmoral boot would ever see. Do you have to treat boots like this with water proofing products? Polish more often? Anything else? I have only worn dress Cheaney boots and want to branch out a bit, but am not sure how well leather boots take to water exposure. These Kudu boots are very interesting.

shoefan57

Reaction score
How well do boots like this take to exposure to rain and snow? As you say, they are rugged boots and with that comes being worn in conditions that are much more severe than something like a Balmoral boot would ever see. Do you have to treat boots like this with water proofing products? Polish more often? Anything else? I have only worn dress Cheaney boots and want to branch out a bit, but am not sure how well leather boots take to water exposure. These Kudu boots are very interesting.
My experience with Kudu boots before buying these is with Trickers Kudu. It’s a tough leather that can take almost anything. It’s not like calf leather at all. I love it’s earthy texture and the Whisky colour . Some folk do not polish or wax Kudu at all. I do and the original look comes back easily.

Tim Apple

Reaction score
My experience with Kudu boots before buying these is with Trickers Kudu. It’s a tough leather that can take almost anything. It’s not like calf leather at all. I love it’s earthy texture and the Whisky colour . Some folk do not polish or wax Kudu at all. I do and the original look comes back easily.

Thank you for your reply. From the photos, the Whisky color looks like burgundy. Would you agree or is it more different from that. I can't decide between whisky or mole color. Probably hard to find a matching belt in mole.

shoefan57

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. From the photos, the Whisky color looks like burgundy. Would you agree or is it more different from that. I can't decide between whisky or mole color. Probably hard to find a matching belt in mole.
It’s hard to describe. It’s more of a reddish brown colour. Not quite a burgundy but reddish certainly. It’s warm and pleasing. FWIW the Mole colour is not for me.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My latest Cheaney Brogues the Arran
1643404016475.png

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
I recently picked up the Cheaney x Private White Eden boot in the 4436 last F fitting 6UK and they fit great. I really want to pick up the Tenterden II in the 130 Last F Fitting. Does anybody have shoes in both last? Is the 4436 shorter and thinner than the 130 in the same size and width?

1643998759649.png 1643998978320.png

Last edited:

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently picked up the Cheaney x Private White Eden boot in the 4436 last F fitting 6UK and they fit great. I really want to pick up the Tenterden II in the 130 Last F Fitting. Does anybody have shoes in both last? Is the 4436 shorter and wider than the 130 in the same size and width?

View attachment 1749129 View attachment 1749131
I do own the Cheaney x Private White Eden boots in Maracca suede, same size as yours. I found that the 4436 last is the shortest of all my Cheaney footwear, and I would have preferred going up half a size with these.

ne_uAeVRg1-3.jpg

On the other hand, I recommend having a look at the Cheaney's lasts descriptions in the following web page:

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pennine II veldtschoen.

20220205_103333.jpg
20220205_103341.jpg
20220205_103347.jpg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I found my favorite dress boots. The Brixworth in olive. I own a Brackley in olive, but the size was too small and never felt quite right. These are the correct size and they fit beautifully. There's a little loose grain on one of the boots, and the sole is not leather like the photos showed. It's a hybrid of leather and rubber. I don't mind because it makes them easier to wear in wet conditions.

IMG_5277 copy.JPG
IMG_5263 copy.JPG

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members