• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

California Appreciation Thread

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent

Used to love coming here and feeding the ducks on a date.

and then you'd take them back to your place?

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
and then you'd take them back to your place?

Yep, then I'd massage them down with maltose glaze "body lotion" and finish the night off in the kitchen...

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
Yep, then I'd massage them down with maltose glaze "body lotion" and finish the night off in the kitchen...

thank you for sparing the part about inflating them to separate the skin from the meat!

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DSC_0502-1.jpg

DeusExa

Reaction score
I live in California, and it's roughly 60-80 °F temperatures year round. I'm actually starting to have the slightest wish for a bit of rain, just to mix things up a bit. Or so that I can start even considering looking at Burberry trenches.

Last edited:

Quatsch

Reaction score
Seems like this might be the thread to ask in. I'm looking into taking a trip to the Bay Area in mid-November. The reason for this trip is that I am starting out in the wine industry, and after my cellar internship this year and possible other cellar internship in Australia in the spring, I'm hoping to find vineyard/cellar work somewhere in the central coast or really whatever I can get. Before I up and move out there, I figure that I ought to see the place for myself. I feel pretty confident I'll like it, but you know. Any general advice on what a good way to accomplish my (admittedly very loosely defined) goals might be?

Last edited:

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ "How can I enjoy California"?

Basically drive up and down the coastal cities lol... I don't think there are any "catch all" MUST SEE points of interest, but there's something for everyone along the way.

Where are you from originally?

Quatsch

Reaction score

Basically drive up and down the coastal cities lol... I don't think there are any "catch all" MUST SEE points of interest, but there's something for everyone along the way.

Tennessee. Basically trying to figure out what I'm going to do seems overwhelming because there are so many things I could do. Coming from the south, it seems like an awful lot of sizeable cities in a (relatively) small area, as provincial as that makes me sound.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Gotta hit Salinas

Tennessee. Basically trying to figure out what I'm going to do seems overwhelming because there are so many things I could do. Coming from the south, it seems like an awful lot of sizeable cities in a (relatively) small area, as provincial as that makes me sound.

Coming from Tennessee, Salinas should blow your mind.

Wine country in CA extends from Santa Barbara to the south, to the Sierra Foothills in the east, and Russian River / Mendocino to the north. That's an enormous area, but it includes some incredible places to visit (and some nice wineries!).

You might want to also explore Oregon, Washington and British Columbia, all of which have established yet up-and-coming wine regions.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Meanwhile, back on topic:

I'm going to miss watching the fog flow over Twin Peaks - my wife and I often use Sutro Tower as our weather gauge, as in "Honey, can you see the tower? No? OK, I"ll bring a jacket for later."

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
A meth den in suburban Tennessee is analogous to, but more attractive than most of Salinas.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seems like this might be the thread to ask in. I'm looking into taking a trip to the Bay Area in mid-November. The reason for this trip is that I am starting out in the wine industry, and after my cellar internship this year and possible other cellar internship in Australia in the spring, I'm hoping to find vineyard/cellar work somewhere in the central coast or really whatever I can get. Before I up and move out there, I figure that I ought to see the place for myself. I feel pretty confident I'll like it, but you know. Any general advice on what a good way to accomplish my (admittedly very loosely defined) goals might be?
Tour the Santa Ynez Valley wineries. Also, it's more fun driving along the coast if you're going south - the view is better. Visit Santa Barbara Visit Santa Monica

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads