• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

California Appreciation Thread

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Heartbreaking documentary. I've met him once or twice. He seems really humble and gracious.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seems like this might be the thread to ask in. I'm looking into taking a trip to the Bay Area in mid-November. The reason for this trip is that I am starting out in the wine industry, and after my cellar internship this year and possible other cellar internship in Australia in the spring, I'm hoping to find vineyard/cellar work somewhere in the central coast or really whatever I can get. Before I up and move out there, I figure that I ought to see the place for myself. I feel pretty confident I'll like it, but you know. Any general advice on what a good way to accomplish my (admittedly very loosely defined) goals might be?

How much time do you have, do you like the outdoors or do you prefer being near a larger urban center, how is your budget?

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Flickr_EchoParkLake.jpg
Used to love coming here on a date and feed the ducks.
Nice pic. It looks really sad these days surrounded by mesh fence with the lake drained. I look forward to seeing lotus plants again, though.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
That's McWay Falls, Julia Pfeiffer-Burns State Park / Big Sur.

I love that stop along the road. It is an enjoyable hike.

Been there once, would love to go back. I'd love to get down into the cove...I don't remember if it's because the trail is really steep, or non-existent, but I recall that hardly anyone gets to the beach.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Something for Manton. Cal Golden Bears vs. USC Trojans playing in SF Giant's Park. Halftime show. Cal band playing a medley of songs from California Girls (beach boys) to California Love (tupac). I could see the formation pretty well from my nosebleed seats.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice pic. It looks really sad these days surrounded by mesh fence with the lake drained. I look forward to seeing lotus plants again, though.

When is it slated to be open again? A year? Two?

Something for Manton. Cal Golden Bears vs. USC Trojans playing in SF Giant's Park. Halftime show. Cal band playing a medley of songs from California Girls (beach boys) to California Love (tupac). I could see the formation pretty well from my nosebleed seats. 

I was somewhere in the opposite endzone :slayer:; too bad the game was ******.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Seems like the best place for this:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/11/sasha-gray-visits-compton-class.html?track=icymi

A visit by former Appreciation star Sasha Gray to a Compton elementary school prompted officials to offer an explanation Monday regarding how the actress ended up reading to a classroom full of children.

Gray, who recently landed a part in the HBO show "Entourage," visited Emerson Elementary School as part of its guest reader program. The visit was arranged by an outside talent coordinator, the Compton Unified School District said in a statement.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads