• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh you didnt see the tag in the huge photo of the listing to start with??

Was the jacket listed as a "sport coat" or "blazer", or was it listed as a "suit jacket"? I don't think you'd be safe if the only distinction was relying on the size listed on tag.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
It was listed as a "Sport Coat Blacker Jacket" which is how 1000's of other items we have listed/sold are. We have won this same non-merit buyer remorse claim without issue no problem before. Its the eBay policy change where they 100% take the buyers side and can not / will not look into any case. Just was giving you all a heads up on a buyer who you might not want to deal with, along with putting him on the Blacklist, thats all.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to accept an offer but I'm getting this message:

"Unknown error
Error Id: OFFER.BUYING.CSRF_VALIDATION_FAILED"

Anyone dealt with that before? Buyer is not in my block list or anything.

EDIT: I waited a couple hours and it worked.

Last edited:

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After my 2nd Russian PayPal funded $1k+ nightmare, I’m done with shipping expensive sought after electronics (or pretty much anything) globally. First case lost, 2nd won after it was put on hold by Ebay for a couple weeks. Not sure if there will be the chance of appeal or chargeback but will update if so. Finally got the $1200 hold off my account. Still dealing with USPS insurance claim for the first one.

Lirum

Reaction score
This seems...insane. I mean, really? You now have eBay pleading on behalf of buyers to accept returns? Even after the case is closed?

I don't know what to believe anymore.

Yeah I thought the same thing. That's a very expensive policy on ebay's end. Someone had to type that out. Wow.

Trying to accept an offer but I'm getting this message:

"Unknown error
Error Id: OFFER.BUYING.CSRF_VALIDATION_FAILED"

Anyone dealt with that before? Buyer is not in my block list or anything.

EDIT: I waited a couple hours and it worked.

CSRF is a thing that some modern browsers/websites use to prevent security attacks. It has to do with an invisible attribute that your browser can see when you're filling out a form (like typing in the amount you're willing to offer in a 'Best Offer' case). Depending on how ebay has designed the 'Accept Offer' screen, they may also be using a form type submission system even though you aren't filling out form fields. Your browser sees the (somehow unique, but I forget how) attribute and provides it along with the important bits (the price you're willing to offer) and sends that information to the website. If the CSRF attributes that you send don't match with the CSRF data that the site expects for that form submission, the data is rejected. If I had to guess, it was a browser error.

Reaction score
So being a complete doofus I unthinkingly scheduled an auction to end around midnight Saturday local time, and on what turned out to be a public holiday weekend to boot. Local postal services don't run either Sundays or public holidays, so I've just now realised (right after catching a bid) that I won't be able to send the item for almost 60 hours after the auction closes, and I specified that I ship within 1 day of receiving payment:facepalm:.

I'm updating the listing description to mention the delay, but since I can't edit the actual handling time is there any chance a buyer could raise a stink over this?

Silver lining: hey there day off work that I totally forgot about, how you doin?:devil:

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I’m trying to buy a house, how do I put my income on the loan application? Do I only put profit or is it income before fees and expenses?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I’m trying to buy a house, how do I put my income on the loan application? Do I only put profit or is it income before fees and expenses?

Should be taxable income from your 2017 returns unless you’re making more this year.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Booyakasha

lee-majors-six-million-dollar-man2.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 5.43.41 PM.png

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not only is that an awesome total, the per piece average of nearly $81 is even better!

I too, was impressed by that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads