• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No "S"

upload_2018-5-23_15-12-46.png

With "S"
Note: My expectation is that the highlighted results would be returned on the no "s" search, but they are not. Odd.

upload_2018-5-23_15-16-1.png

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What happens if a guy opens a not as described return and says the sleeves are not 24" as I measured. I then say I have 6 other jackets by the same person and I require a picture before I send it back since all of the others are 24". Then he doesn't respond and the date I must do something arrives? Is it my right to have those pictures? Will I get a defect if I let time expire?

Isn't a risk I'd take if I was in your spot. You'll probably lose, and if the buyer calls after your required response by window, to escalate, I'd say it's a guaranteed loss.

Can someone search ebay for "Burberry Sport Coat" and tell me what they see? I only get 35 results, and none are mine. I have 8 listed.

When I switch it to Burberry Sports Coat, I get about 1200 results, most of which actually just say sport coat.

Get the exact same results here when searching, 35 for "sport" and 1196 for "sports". Makes no sense whatsoever.

haloitsme

Reaction score
You can check sold prices on eBay by selecting "Sold Items" from the "Show Only" filter menu. You can also get some aggregate data on completed sales from www.checkaflip.com.

From doing that it looks to me like the average sale price for used Carmina shell cordovan shoes is about $350 and the average listing price is about $450.

Hope that helps and good luck with the sale!
And for carmina alligator boots (brown) MTo Programm? Good used condition ? :)

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I called ebay to close out a past-due return, and let them know about the search glitch. The rep agreed it was really strange search behavior and would pass it along. Then he said that the search algorithm is basically an angry monster that always has issues of some kind.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I always ship my ties in a box within a bubble mailer. For whatever reason, I didn't realize that I was running low on them. The company I usually use was out of my size. So, I used a company off of eBay that guaranteed them by 05/29 if I ordered them yesterday. I placed the order yesterday evening at 7pm cdt. I drove my daughter to school this morning. When I returned at 8:05am cdt, the huge box of bubble mailers was waiting in front of my door. They came from 300 miles away in Graniteville, SC. So, from the time the order was placed, the mailers were delivered in less than 13 hours. I pride myself on rapid service. But, this takes things to a whole new level.

MrUsedThreads

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I called ebay to close out a past-due return, and let them know about the search glitch. The rep agreed it was really strange search behavior and would pass it along. Then he said that the search algorithm is basically an angry monster that always has issues of some kind.
You just described every one of my ex-girlfriends. Now I know what the problem was all along...it was their algorithms.

Reaction score
Newcomer to ebay selling here: If I list an item as 'Condition: New with Tags' is it sufficient that it have the makers hanging tags attached or is there the expectation it has have an actual price tag? The sane part of my brain tells me it should be OK, and that the tags are just to indicate the item is unused, but browsing this thread has got me paranoid that a buyer would try to use it as an excuse to force a return.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Newcomer to ebay selling here: If I list an item as 'Condition: New with Tags' is it sufficient that it have the makers hanging tags attached or is there the expectation it has have an actual price tag? The sane part of my brain tells me it should be OK, and that the tags are just to indicate the item is unused, but browsing this thread has got me paranoid that a buyer would try to use it as an excuse to force a return.

Those tags should suffice but make absolute sure that it seems like it really is actually unworn. I've seen way too many people wear a suit with the wrist label still attached or a pair of jeans with the cardstock label still secured to the waist. People can be dumb.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with everything that @My Main Man said. To add to that, be careful with tags that can be easily removed, i.e. attached with a safety pin. People will wear them and just reattach the tags and sell them as NWT. Also, keep in mind, you can purchase a price tag attaching gun at Wal-Mart. Unless I know the provenance of an item (or if the item is clearly brand new), I am usually very reluctant to list something as NWT.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
I agree with everything that @My Main Man said. To add to that, be careful with tags that can be easily removed, i.e. attached with a safety pin. People will wear them and just reattach the tags and sell them as NWT. Also, keep in mind, you can purchase a price tag attaching gun at Wal-Mart. Unless I know the provenance of an item (or if the item is clearly brand new), I am usually very reluctant to list something as NWT.

Agree and agree - often times when they have a small tag that is easily removable or only the wrist tag on a jacket etc, I'll list them as NWOT. This lets you put some comments in the item specific line about how it has tags in only certain areas, maybe a sample item, tried one, etc etc

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prostadineonline