• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I have an item up on auction with a BIN. A buyer has messaged me with an offer I think is fair and can accept. The item currently has 5 bids. Is it legit to take the offer after people have started bidding? And if so, is the best way to do it just to reduce the BIN to the agreed-upon price?

Yes, as long as the new BIN is at least double the current bid.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Personally, I don't out of fairness to the other bidders.

But...

You can't change the BIN after the item has bids. The only safe option really is to have him outbid the other bidders, then you can end item early...be sure to select the "sell item to highest bidder" option. Then you can adjust the payment up if needed on the invoice, by adding seller charges, reduce it by discounting the shipping.

Another option would be to cancel all the bids on the item, end it, then relist at a fixed price.

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Another option would be to cancel all the bids on the item, end it, then relist at a fixed price.

Did not know you couldn't change that, thought some things you still could. Didn't ebay start charging FVF for doing this last bit though?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did not know you couldn't change that, thought some things you still could. Didn't ebay start charging FVF for doing this last bit though?
Some you can change...I just tried it and it was grayed out.

If you end it with bids...yes.
If you cancel all the bids first, then end it. I don't think so....but I am not sure, since I have never done it.

Last edited:

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like two bidders to me.

I actually haven't done a ton of buying or selling on eBay, so I don't have a ton of experience with what's "normal." Looks to me, though, that "a**s (7)" went on a few runs: from $53-$80 and $90-$125. Seems strange to my untrained eye.

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I have 4 Oxxford suits that I am going to put up. They are all the same custom size from the mid 90's. Should I have them end on the same day or list them over a couple of weeks?

Oxxford doesn't get the traffic it desrrves on ebay. I would BINOBO them all at the same time.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Would the answer then be to have one with the white background for search results and the rest with some sort of backdrop? I know most people likely go by keywords in a title, a quick glance at the thumbnail and a check on the price before they click the auction. Once they're on the auction, the goal is to get them to stay with tons of photos.

That's an option, maybe the best of both worlds.

I started the large light tent project last night. It was more time consuming than I figured, mostly because the size of the tent is still in question. When you're working with limited space, the size needs to be perfect. Too large and I can't move around my office, too small and the tent is worthless (sides or top showing in photos). I'm also going to incorporate extra pieces of PVC to use as places to put clamp lights along the "roof" and the sides of the tent. One tip is to buy a PVC cutter and don't use a saw. I was working with thin PVC and it's still a pain to make a bunch of cuts with a handsaw. I will be using the cutter tonight.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Can anyone decode the bit about the driver?

when you open your ebay ad, it says NEW CONDITION just to the right of the price and just above the shipping price.

If you have a NEW one in an UNOPENED box and return the shipping charge to me, as well as refund my return shipping, I will agree to an exchange. And, if you will send me the new one ASAP, as part of my upset is that I NEED to save my data immediately.
i.e. the driver will be costing me $53- no shipping.
This to compensate me for the inconvenience of packing and reshipping.
Let me know right away, if you accept these terms.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Can anyone decode the bit about the driver?

I think it's a typo (he meant drive, as in hard drive)...he's saying that he'll only pay $53 total for a new hard drive in his hands. He's implying that you're on the hook for his return shipping costs and the shipping costs to get the new one to him.

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Oh! In that case she wants original shipping, return shipping, and free new shipping. Only the last two will I provide for an exchange. The first two for a refund.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads