• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ben I am returning the jacket to yu per your stated return policy. I am returning to XXXXXXXXX. is that correct for you?? -XXXXX

ffffuuuu.gif

I have a policy stated, but this is not it. My stated policy is usually not returns but the 14 day guy is still up but it requires specific problems with an item. Not just a return for a purpose for return. I have asked what the reason is for the return. But this buyer has already played around a little bit. After sending a few invoices after over week of non-payment I was forced to open a case. After a few days, he paid and I shipped the item with no problems. It is only now after another few days that I am hearing of any type of return without any reason for a return. Any advice?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000]Ben I am returning the jacket to yu per your stated return policy. I am returning to XXXXXXXXX. is that correct for you?? -XXXXX[/COLOR][/SIZE]

:fu:

I have a policy stated, but this is not it. My stated policy is usually not returns but the 14 day guy is still up but it requires specific problems with an item. Not just a return for a purpose for return. I have asked what the reason is for the return. But this buyer has already played around a little bit. After sending a few invoices after over week of non-payment I was forced to open a case. After a few days, he paid and I shipped the item with no problems. It is only now after another few days that I am hearing of any type of return without any reason for a return. Any advice?

What country is the buyer from?

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like he always planned to return and only paid to avoid the mark on his account. Time to wait for his reason...

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Oh! In that case she wants original shipping, return shipping, and free new shipping. Only the last two will I provide for an exchange. The first two for a refund.

Yeah, they're talking up the "inconvenience" side of it. I'm all for customer service, but really dislike when people get entitled about something. It's life, mistakes happen, you can't and shouldn't fight them all.

If I were you, I'd offer a full return and pay their return shipping and try to be done with it. You may get the negative/neutral feedback either way and it sounds like you'll be out more money accommodating them.

Sounds like he always planned to return and only paid to avoid the mark on his account. Time to wait for his reason...

No matter the reason, they'll open a case if they're pushed. Maybe return it less fees? I hate those types of ambiguous situations.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I already sent another message offering the exchange and said I'd give her the original shipping back :( Frustrating because I don't see how it could be used unless it really had been a return to the store or she's trying to swap an old drive.

Definitely don't envy those that rely on ebay for their income.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What country is the buyer from?
U.S.
Quality and fit. The measurements are clearly stated and the jacket is essentially flawless. He did not go deeper than quality and fit. I don't want the jacket back I have too much stuff in my room as it is.
lol8[1].gif

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure how many EU based sellers there are or possible lurkers, but I recently switched to Hermes Paket Service from the Austrian Post. They ship to most of the EU and tracking and insurance is included. The prices are cheaper than the Austrian Post and the site is easier to navigate. They price things logically and simply. There are 3 sizes from which to choose, up to 25kg (I believe) for each. Shipping from Austria to Germany is cheaper than the rest of the EU, but all of the other prices are standard.

An account is easy to set up and you then just print labels directly. You don't pay for a label until you drop it off (or schedule a pick up). I have a place close to me that accepts their packages, so it's incredibly convenient. I've been able to refund a lot of my EU buyers a few euros as a result. I think it helps me stay competitive.

I grew tired of using the Post. Their rates weren't logical...it cost the same to send something immediately over the border to Germany as it did to the UK or Spain. Hermes is a German company and therefore has more connections in Germany. It comes out about €6.50 cheaper for each small package. Delivery times seem very good and they'll even attempt to deliver it 4 (!) times to German addresses.

Outside of the EU, I still use the Post. It's a bit more of a hassle and pricey, but also reliable. I just thought that info would help out a couple of the EU shippers!

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I also thought I'd share my source for boxes. I use this Austrian seller:
http://stores.ebay.at/VERPACKUNGSTEAM?_trksid=p4340.l2563

I picked up 50 boxes that are 350mm x 290mm x 130mm for €42.43. I did the smallest quantity order just to test the company. Boxes aren't super luxe but more than adequate. I'll do larger orders in the future to get that price down. I'm sure I could find cheaper boxes elsewhere, but this seller was very communicative and relatively close to me so it arrived quickly. The size is just right for a suit and 2-3 shirts. The size also works for Hermes Paket's "small" dimension which is also the cheapest.

I bag everything and recently used this German seller:
http://stores.ebay.at/fa-ars?_trksid=p4340.l2563

I bought 400mm x 600mm self-adhesive bags. They fit jackets or a pair of shoes easily. The problem is that I paid more for the self-adhesive bags but received the normal ones (about half the price). I emailed them and they requested pictures (why?!) of the bags. I sent them pictures and said I had started using the ones they sent as I was out. They said they'll send the proper bags to me. If they do, they'll keep my business and I'll place a larger order. If they don't, I'll move on to another seller.

For tape, padded envelopes and shipping label windows, I use this German seller:
http://stores.ebay.at/BB-Verpackungen?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Fair prices and combines shipping on items. Communicates well and is willing to put together custom quantities.

In the end, I want to be sure that the item is packed well in the event that it gets crushed or wet. I also keep costs in mind and try not to pass more than 50% of the packaging costs on to the buyer. A packed suit will cost under €1.50. I'll charge €0.75 to the buyer on top of the actual shipping costs. If they attempt to point out my shipping prices, I point them to the relevant calculator and explain that €0.75 covers the cost of packing materials. I don't hear most people complain after the explanation.

I could do it a bit cheaper, but I'm fairly happy with these costs at this time. I may consider making larger orders (12 months of packaging rather than the current 6 months), but I'd only do that when I increase my selling.

I'd love to hear from anyone else as far as their packing costs.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question, priority mail / express mail to Canada will have tracking right? Any with sig confirmations. Wiling to sell some Aldens to Canada but want to make sure as I've gotten too many "lost" first class mail packages

KenRose

Reaction score
it will have tracking, we can track the package using USPS or Canada Post website. However.....sometimes someone along the shipping process will forget to scan the item and it could be "stalled" online at some location even if the package has been delivered. I bought a suit from GQHustler a few years ago and I received it while the tracking said it was held in customs in Vancouver. If you're sending to someone in Calgary I could help you out.

Quick question, priority mail / express mail to Canada will have tracking right? Any with sig confirmations. Wiling to sell some Aldens to Canada but want to make sure as I've gotten too many "lost" first class mail packages

nohio

Reaction score
Is there any way to offer Regional Rate Priority as a shipping option for buyers? I don't see it listed. Is the best current method (until Ebay makes that an option) just to offer another priority mail service and then pocket the difference (or refund it to the buyer)?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Call me old fashioned, but this buyer's inability to put together a normal sentence worries me. Considering the $200+ suit he just purchased.

Dear weso0119,

could u pls leave feedback now cos i paid u n u are the only seller that gives me hard time to leave feedback.

I left feedback immediately after payment was made, and I don't hassle buyers to leave feedback, so I have no idea what he is talking about.

Last edited:

Dolfan954

Reaction score
Call me old fashioned, but this buyer's inability to put together a normal sentence worries me. Considering the $200+ suit he just purchased.

Dear weso0119,

could u pls leave feedback now cos i paid u n u are the only seller that gives me hard time to leave feedback.

I left feedback immediately after payment was made, and I don't hassle buyers to leave feedback, so I have no idea what he is talking about.

Yeah, that is strange.

If it makes you feel better, I had a buyer send me a question about an item. I couldn't understand it at all. He purchased anyway and left positive feedback The feedback?

Quote:

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

[TR] [TD][SIZE=10pt]Dear weso0119, could u pls leave feedback now cos i paid u n u are the only seller that gives me hard time to leave feedback.[/TD] [/TR][/SIZE]
Yeah, that is strange. If it makes you feel better, I had a buyer send me a question about an item. I couldn't understand it at all. He purchased anyway and left positive feedback The feedback?
I wndr f it b da sam guy?
Let's not leap to conclusions and assume it's some idiot, it could actually be a brilliant cat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads