• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bourbon.

just another fool

Reaction score

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Old Grand Dad BiB is now the same price as OWA in Michigan. OGD 114 is now well over $30. Have a bad feeling there's gonna be a larger run up on prices.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think it's good for the industry. That many new products means growth in demand for more high quality bourbons. The interesting thing will be to see what makes it once the bourbon bubble bursts and the vast majority of those drinking it move on to the next en vogue liquor

I actually disagree. Poor quality "craft" bourbon is probably taking resources and consumer spending away from other, better quality bourbons that may not be as savvy with their marketing, and in the long run, I can't see that as being a good thing. Also, for people who have never had bourbon and their first foray is a bottle of Heaven's Meadows Single Barrel Small Batch Handcrafted in Kentucky (with Indiana white dog) Bourbon Whiskey, their disappointment may lose the bourbon industry a life long customer (I didn't drink rum for 2 decades because of an encounter with the wrong rum when I was in my teens) which also, cannot be good for the industry. Just my $0.02

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. I don't disagree with you. However, there are a fair number of good bourbons that have sprouted as a result, and I imagine whenever this bourbon bubble bursts, it'll be the marketing propped bourbons that will be the first to drop off (as their owners move to greener pastures). But I can also totally see what you mean. More **** product on the shelf means less money going towards the good product in sales, and then less good product available

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am a hoarder by nature. If I like the way a certain fit and wash of RRL denim looks on me, I will buy 3 for when the first wears out. Same with shoes. It paid off with bourbon, since I always worried there would be a time I couldn't find my favorite whiskies. About 4 years ago, I was lucky enough to get a case (4 bottles in each) of George T Stagg and Eagle Rare 17 year old. That same year I bought 4 bottles of PVW 20 yo and was gifted a bottle of 23 yo for Christmas. It was almost as if the next year, bourbon blew up on the interwebs, and stocks disappeared entirely. I drink my whiskey. I don't sell it, I don't trade it. It's an indulgence. Not an investment. I was bummed out last night when I went to open a fresh bottle of GTS and saw that I am now down to just 2 bottles, as well as 1 bottle of ER 17, 2 of PVW 20 and 1 of PVW 15. I am not sure I will ever find these again, since I would never in my life pay more than retail for whiskey. Yeah, it brings a tear to my eye (not really, but you know what I mean) but it was a good run while at lasted.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am a hoarder by nature. If I like the way a certain fit and wash of RRL denim looks on me, I will buy 3 for when the first wears out. Same with shoes. It paid off with bourbon, since I always worried there would be a time I couldn't find my favorite whiskies. About 4 years ago, I was lucky enough to get a case (4 bottles in each) of George T Stagg and Eagle Rare 17 year old. That same year I bought 4 bottles of PVW 20 yo and was gifted a bottle of 23 yo for Christmas. It was almost as if the next year, bourbon blew up on the interwebs, and stocks disappeared entirely. I drink my whiskey. I don't sell it, I don't trade it. It's an indulgence. Not an investment. I was bummed out last night when I went to open a fresh bottle of GTS and saw that I am now down to just 2 bottles, as well as 1 bottle of ER 17, 2 of PVW 20 and 1 of PVW 15. I am not sure I will ever find these again, since I would never in my life pay more than retail for whiskey. Yeah, it brings a tear to my eye (not really, but you know what I mean) but it was a good run while at lasted.

You still got Brigante!

Which I should mention, we will be doing another pick this Spring. The OESK we grabbed got rave reviews from just about everyone who has had it. I have created a facebook group for this next (and all future) Brigante charity picks. Shipping was an absolute nightmare on the last one as we had facebook buys, styleforum buys, private buys....so if anyone is interested in getting in on this one, please send me a friend request (Robert Brigante Rossicone) and I will add you to the group. Also, just shoot me a message letting me know your from SF wanting in on the Brigante II. This next one will be another Four Roses, and if you join I just ask that you take at lest two bottles from each pick we do. It's what I set for everyone involved to make sure we never get stuck. Of course, if you want more, this group will get first dibs. I'm pretty sure we can zip through a barrel or two among all the people we have in there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads