• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bourbon.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bourbon and #menswear. Well, denim #menswear

4D3E68AF-0887-4A13-BE9B-8896EA5DD031_zpsoh6qpzsx.jpg

Last edited:

BenLeaman

Reaction score

Hey guys, I am relatively new to "good" bourbon and still don't have much experience with many private selections. I do have 2 bottles (well 1.25 bottles anymore) of OBSV OESK from New York Islander and some Booker's.

I am currently in the Indianapolis suburbs for business and found these 3 bottles on the shelf at a shop. Would anyone recommend one over the others? They're all $55 a bottle. I have until tomorrow at noon EST to decide before I catch a flight home. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

BenLeaman

Reaction score

Grab all 3 - worth it to try the different mash bills and that's a very fair price.

Terrific idea and very much in the spirit of styleforum! My main concern is I am already near the 50lbs weight limit for my luggage and I fear 3 bottles will result in an additional $100 charge making the cost per bottle much higher :(

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you REALLY have to omit one, i would pass on the F and go with the two Qs.

BenLeaman

Reaction score
I went back the next day and looked through all the bottles on the shelf, they ended up having 4 PS bottlings.
OBSF
OBSQ
OESF
OESQ

I ended up bringing the two on the right home with me. I look forward to trying them out.

BenLeaman

Reaction score
Next question, I will be in Florence, Kentucky next week. Does anyone have any recommendations for shops to look around in/bars to check out for that region?

Sadly due to flight timing and work schedule I will not be able to visit 4R.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Party Source??? (I still haven't made it there myself.)

BenLeaman

Reaction score

@benleaman what store in IN? I'll be there in 2 weeks

It was a small family owned shop which just happened to be on the way to one of my customers. Store is in Plainfield which is just south of the airport.

Plainfield Discount Liquor
5975 Cambridge Way
Plainfield, IN 46168

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TPS is one of the best liquor stores in the country. And Florence isn't far from Bellevue (take 71 north, 275 east and then 471 north. Last exit before the river, take a right and then another right and you're there)

Get a couple of tastings of some incredible bourbons while you're there at their tasting bar

Last edited:

BenLeaman

Reaction score

Party Source??? (I still haven't made it there myself.)

Party Source.

TPS is one of the best liquor stores in the country. And Florence isn't far from Bellevue (take 71 north, 275 east and then 471 north. Last exit before the river, take a right and then another right and you're there)

Get a couple of tastings of some incredible bourbons while you're there at their tasting bar

We'll that's a pretty resounding theme lol.
****, now you guys got me all hot and bothered. Guess I'll make sure to bring a personal credit card this trip, can't expense these upcoming purchases!!!

I was also given a recommendation to visit the Old Kentucky Bourbon Bar while in town. Anyone local want to meet up in the evening for a pour?

I really wish my flight arrived with time to swing down to 4R before they close for the day.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member