• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke from Singapore (pic heavy!)

Nguyenning

Reaction score
A lot of tailors in Singapore, including Iris, will be closed during this period, leaving you unfortunately with those catering to tourist trade.

I kind of figured so.... I did come across this Blazer Arqhitect who was very responsive to my e-mails but can't seem to find many reviews online. Same with Max Mahon.. but have mixed feelings about him since he does so much online soliciting on forums it seems.

pmnightmare

Reaction score
Currently getting my suit cut at Iris. These pictures are from the second fitting about a week ago, using a sample fabric before the cutting begins.

What do people think? Looking at getting the shoulders lengthened a bit and maybe the sleeves taken in.

The length isn't uneven by the way, just the way the pins were pulling.

bboysdontcryy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

bboysdontcryy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Currently getting my suit cut at Iris. These pictures are from the second fitting about a week ago, using a sample fabric before the cutting begins. What do people think? Looking at getting the shoulders lengthened a bit and maybe the sleeves taken in. The length isn't uneven by the way, just the way the pins were pulling.
I think that unless that's you're normal standing posture (which I doubt), you're standing wayy too erect. If not, back collar should be adjusted so it hugs your shirt collar.

Last edited:

Nguyenning

Reaction score
Yeah... I was not impressed with the pics from Blazer Arqhitect haha

I was able to come across a guy who has made custom suits and shirts for reasonable prices in Singapore. Probably not Super 130s/150s Wool/Cashmere or anything but he is in the $400 Singapore Dollars range for a full suit. Apparently he's graduated from a fashion institute and is now working as a stylist (hence, his own female lvm-label fashion label)

A few pics I pulled from another forum. Bare in mind, the OP wanted his suit totally slim and trendy (sleeves pushed up etc)... but I figured it's worth a personal consultation and would only set me back $300 or so US Dollars to get a suit made. I'd prefer slimmer lapel, but all in all, I'm not hating this look... being in my 20s with an interest towards slim/euro look. Really would like to know what this suit's fabric is... at that price I'd assume polyester?

pmnightmare

Reaction score
I think that unless that's you're normal standing posture (which I doubt), you're standing wayy too erect. If not, back collar should be adjusted so it hugs your shirt collar.

Ah, so are you supposed to adopt a relaxed posture for fittings? Sorry for being a complete newbie. I admit that when the camera came out, I just stood to attention.
tongue.gif

Did have an issue with it being very tight on the back (hugging my collar bone) so this is after an adjustment.

aspenx

Reaction score
Yeah... I was not impressed with the pics from Blazer Arqhitect haha

I was able to come across a guy who has made custom suits and shirts for reasonable prices in Singapore. Probably not Super 130s/150s Wool/Cashmere or anything but he is in the $400 Singapore Dollars range for a full suit. Apparently he's graduated from a fashion institute and is now working as a stylist (hence, his own female lvm-label fashion label)

A few pics I pulled from another forum. Bare in mind, the OP wanted his suit totally slim and trendy (sleeves pushed up etc)... but I figured it's worth a personal consultation and would only set me back $300 or so US Dollars to get a suit made. I'd prefer slimmer lapel, but all in all, I'm not hating this look... being in my 20s with an interest towards slim/euro look. Really would like to know what this suit's fabric is... at that price I'd assume polyester?

I saw your posts on "the other forum". You quoted $400~$500 (SGD?) for a set of suit and a shirt. What fabrics would that be?

Personally, I'm very skeptical (about the fit more than anything).

Anyways, I'll be heading back to my usual tailor for my suit once they are open after the holidays. Albeit the much higher cost.

Last edited:

apple3210

Reaction score
hey guys, does anyone know when Iris tailor re-opens from the CNY break? haven't had any luck getting in contact

uglymale

Reaction score
Dylan & Son quoted me $3000 for a 2pc, SB, full canvas, Dormeuil 130s suit.

Is that excessive by Singapore standards? It certainly sounds so...

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dylan & Son quoted me $3000 for a 2pc, SB, full canvas, Dormeuil 130s suit.

Is that excessive by Singapore standards? It certainly sounds so...

It seems a bit excessive for SG standards. But if you are willing to go around that range why not check out Kevin Seah Bespoke they seem to have gotten favorable reviews from the rake and i think they start at about 2k SGD

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, so are you supposed to adopt a relaxed posture for fittings? Sorry for being a complete newbie. I admit that when the camera came out, I just stood to attention.
tongue.gif

Did have an issue with it being very tight on the back (hugging my collar bone) so this is after an adjustment.
Stand the way that you normally stand. If you're standing abnormally for the picture, we won't get a true indication of how the suit fits. The shoulders look fine to me. Maybe we need more pictures.

Last edited:

Hacking jacket

Reaction score

Gshen, I mean that the pants don't fall straight to your feet. The rear and side views show them clinging to the back of your legs. From the front, you can see that they taper to your knees and then go straight down. Ideally, you would see uninterrupted lines all around.

I don't think the waist supression is itself a problem. If you lower the buttoning point to your natural waist, the supression will look much more natural.

Agreed.
Personally I'd have the pants recut in the seat, they're too baggy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads