• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

Doktor Corn

Reaction score
I’ve been wearing OP Reeves for two years now but I’d like to try some square-ish acetate frames, preferably of medium thickness and with a bridge between 19 and 22 mm and lenses no wider than 48 mm. The problem is that I need nose pads on arms instead of the molded-in ones that most of these frames have. Any suggestions?

clotheshorse69

Reaction score
should the color of frames be matched to one's skin tone, as traditionally done with clothes? light tan with dark brown hair, want dark olive chanel frames. look ok to me

healthiswealth

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

G'day from OZ! So here's the deal. I've always been obsessed with vintage glasses. I just like the look and feel of it, (ah yes call me a wannabe hipster) but I think they're just classic. A mate of mine recommended trying this online store with some independent labels and I'm absolutely torn between these 2 round glasses from Established Eyewear...

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 3.21.47 PM.png
SYDNEY BLACK OUT OPTICAL

or

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 3.21.55 PM.png
SYDNEY CRYSTAL OPTICAL

My outfits mainly consists of nude and dark colours, I just can't decide which will go better. Has anyone also encountered the same issue before? Which colour of eyewear goes better with most clothes - white (or in this case, crystal) or black?

I'll really appreciate the help folks

Thanks

Emily2018

Reaction score
should the color of frames be matched to one's skin tone, as traditionally done with clothes? light tan with dark brown hair, want dark olive chanel frames. look ok to me
Heya, I work in fashion and in the case of eyewear there's no longer a set 'hard and fast' rule. Any color, anywhere; it's all completely acceptable.

If you check out the new styles from Fashion Week you'll see anything goes. Colored lenses, micro glasses, and statement shapes are all back in, and playing with color is all a part of that. So go with whatever makes you happy.

TobyW23

Reaction score
Hi, I am currently a Master's student at Emerson College currently undertaking a brand audit of Ray-Ban with my group. It would be great to hear your views and opinions about the Ray-Ban brand. So if you have some free time please follow this link and share with any friends, the data will remain completely confidential and is purely for academic use. Thank you

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...KCLpxnGSZ3iPeG0M9qlK6lwA/viewform?usp=sf_link

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

G'day from OZ! So here's the deal. I've always been obsessed with vintage glasses. I just like the look and feel of it, (ah yes call me a wannabe hipster) but I think they're just classic. A mate of mine recommended trying this online store with some independent labels and I'm absolutely torn between these 2 round glasses from Established Eyewear...

View attachment 952776
SYDNEY BLACK OUT OPTICAL

or

View attachment 952778
SYDNEY CRYSTAL OPTICAL

My outfits mainly consists of nude and dark colours, I just can't decide which will go better. Has anyone also encountered the same issue before? Which colour of eyewear goes better with most clothes - white (or in this case, crystal) or black?

I'll really appreciate the help folks

Thanks

Not sure how those are vintage? Do you mean like 80s/90s retrofuturism vintage? Or 60s rounded frame moscot-style vintage? I have the moscot lemtosh and recommend those

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am currently a Master's student at Emerson College currently undertaking a brand audit of Ray-Ban with my group. It would be great to hear your views and opinions about the Ray-Ban brand. So if you have some free time please follow this link and share with any friends, the data will remain completely confidential and is purely for academic use. Thank you

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...KCLpxnGSZ3iPeG0M9qlK6lwA/viewform?usp=sf_link

Just took your survey - overall pretty good but a lot of the questions presume ownership and some are poorly worded (double-barrel and leading), hopefully you get some usable data. Cheers!

Junglejack

Reaction score
I have been on a major Lindberg kick for the past few years and must say they are fantastic. With Peeples being part of the Luxxotica empire, most likely those Made in Italy specs are actually put together by Chinese folks. I think there was an NYT article about just that this weekend.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here interested in some slightly used Statesman eyeglasses? Bought it a couple yrs back and hardly wore it due to it looking like safety glasses on my face. Black/gunmetal.

Been wearing my three Moscots instead.

robster35

Reaction score
Hope its ok to post this but i have a pair of discontinued Randolph Engineering "Ashby" wayfarer style sunglasses im looking to sell as they are just a touch small for me. Measurements are 50-22-145. Black frames with blue mirror glass lens. Style looks amazing just didnt fit my face. Can email some pics if anyone's interested.

skenney

Reaction score
Anyone here interested in some slightly used Statesman eyeglasses? Bought it a couple yrs back and hardly wore it due to it looking like safety glasses on my face. Black/gunmetal.

Been wearing my three Moscots instead.

Could you post some pics?

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
41747345602_cf0f894aa6_z.jpg

39981776610_8ebbbae647_z.jpg

Love the quality vs my Moscots but as stated. Acrylic and rounder frames fit my face much better (Zev, Lemtosh, Yukel)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads