• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm quick with the Dita refs. My fav brand rn
I really want to get a pair of the wayfarer-ish Jacques Marie Mage's next, but since I bought my Dita's at retail, would prefer not to do so for them. Do you know if they ever go on sale?

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really want to get a pair of the wayfarer-ish Jacques Marie Mage's next, but since I bought my Dita's at retail, would prefer not to do so for them. Do you know if they ever go on sale?

Tbh you're better off finding dita's or thom brownes on sale rather than JMM. You might get lucky with a fashion store online that has a coupon or something Maybe even ebay

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
15_MIES.jpg

considering the masunaga mies model, its very light and not too much frame, mostly planning to wear these to work/driving

http://www.masunaga1905.com/en/product/5921

what you guys think?

hobojones

Reaction score
View attachment 980245

considering the masunaga mies model, its very light and not too much frame, mostly planning to wear these to work/driving

http://www.masunaga1905.com/en/product/5921

what you guys think?

So I think no one answered you before because you said matsunada.

I do own a pair of masunagas and I love them. Been wearing my pair daily for almost 4 years now and I'm just barely starting to consider getting a new pair. Quality is definitely superb ( I've owned moscots, salt, etc).

That said I agree that the model you chose isn't anything special and would look unremarkable on like 90% of faces

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@troika so confused by your comment, you posted very similar frames. The diff is the size of lens.

Regarding what you and @hobojones said I am looking for something on the plain side. This is for work and occasional driving, mostly utility. I don’t like bulky frames so as little frame as possible is preferable. The ones I linked just seem like a safe choice for a guy that doesn’t wear glasses. **** who knows I may not like them and go contacts although I don’t like sticking fingers in my eyes.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@sinnedk I'm sorry man, the half frames in particular are just a terrible choice. I posted the names of very similar ones that are less terrible, but would still meet your criteria (light, inoffensive, still somewhat stylish).

Half frames are basically what a 13yo gets when they go to the optometrist with their mom for the first time. Unfortunately quite a few of those 13yo kept that style for their entire lives

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@troika but I’m a 35 yr old and I picked those frames When I was looking, are you sure you’re not just being overly opinionated about something you don’t like?

I’m also considering these Dita

View attachment 981692

I obviously am, but half frames are also objectively not great.

The Dita clubmaster style (or the thom browne variants also made by dita) are a thousand times better.

Go to Veo optics in the mission and try them on (not sure who carries dita in the south bay/peninsula)

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got half frame Mykitas that I wear at night and on long flights.

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll echo troik's sentiment that half frames are dumb and childish. They're just nerdy and dumb, all in a bad way. You'll look dumb.

The only ones I know that are decent looking are with acetate, like the dita statesman models.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sona Umar