1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

As promised, pictures of my outfits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mt_spiffy, Apr 3, 2008.

1. RCG Tiburon

RCG Tiburon Well-Known Member

2. ZackyBoy

ZackyBoy Well-Known Member

[​IMG] + http://crombie.bootcloset.us/footsizechart.html http://www.kohlscorporation.com/ecom...suringTips.htm Kudos to you for consistently keeping your cool, even when noob idiots with <10 posts attack your very earliest outfits. I don't have any money but if I did I'd think about sending it your way.
    Yeah you definitely need a high post count on style forum to notice shitty fitting clothes and combination. [​IMG]. The fact that he is straight up asking a forum full of strangers to pay for his clothes is baffling. I wonder how people would react if I made a thread asking for money to pay for a couple new Brioni suits... actually I would really like some black cap toes.. John Lobb fund donation thread anyone? Donate extra money to a charity or put it into investments? Fuck no! Spiffy on the forums needs suits taken in honey!

3. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Well-Known Member

Kudos to you for consistently keeping your cool, even when noob idiots with <10 posts attack your very earliest outfits. I don't have any money but if I did I'd think about sending it your way.

You do realize you've been here for ~3 months and have 203 posts right?

4. mt_spiffy

mt_spiffy Well-Known Member

Yeah 11D is fine. My foot is 11" long and ~4" across.

Here's a close up of the two ties . . . ignore the goofy look on my face:

[​IMG]

5. Grainraiser

Grainraiser Member

Mt. Spiffy this is my first time posting in this thread. If you where 3 tones darker you could be my brother. You and my younger brother look so much alike it's scary. I personally don't like the fat tie but if that is your cup of tea do your thing. I have enjoyed reading this post.

Grainraiser

6. Night Owl

Night Owl Well-Known Member

Nope [​IMG] Although I did recently buy some plainer shoes from Aldo that I love and have been wearing a lot:

[​IMG]

Yeah 11D is fine. My foot is 11" long and ~4" across.

Here's a close up of the two ties . . . ignore the goofy look on my face:

[​IMG]

Dude I'm not sending you money so you can look like this and buy fucking Aldo duckbills

7. mt_spiffy

Dude I'm not sending you money so you can look like this and buy fucking Aldo duckbills

Technically that would be a 'before' picture, although I doubt that linen blazer would need much tailoring. I do not wear the huge/double ties with the tailored suits.

8. JonHecht

JonHecht Well-Known Member

You know, my uncle won a grammy a few years ago. He *doesn't* dress like a douche.

9. mt_spiffy

You know, my uncle won a grammy a few years ago. He *doesn't* dress like a douche.

Some people have won wearing next to no clothes. Others with 20lbs of jewelry. Not all genres of music dress the same.

10. JonHecht

What's your genre?

11. mt_spiffy

What's your genre?

If you scroll up and/or go back a few pages, I've provided links to a resume as well as countless pictures and video clips. I play contemporary gospel, I also do some work in hip-hop and r&b. I am also Minister of Music at a Word of Faith church and play for a COGIC church.

12. JonHecht

I can find photos of people in all those genres who dress well. Perhaps it is the hybrid?

13. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Well-Known Member

Minor improvement made by an enthusiastic supporter on another message board:
    [​IMG]

14. mt_spiffy

I can find photos of people in all those genres who dress well. Perhaps it is the hybrid?

I would like to see your examples, particularly gospel and COGIC.

15. mt_spiffy

Minor improvement made by an enthusiastic supporter on another message board:
    [​IMG]

How did I miss this?!

If you recall, that pose was the (female) photographer's idea. She's since been fired!

16. mt_spiffy

now you have to figure out what works for you, and what your true measurements are (chest, shoulders, sleeve length, inseam, etc).

As measured ON MY BODY (not by measuring a garment):

Chest: 42"
    Shoulder: 48"
    Waist (at stomach): 40"
    Sleeve length: NO CLUE how to measure this, my shirts are 34/35 and it seems closer to the 35
    Height: 6'2"
    Waist (trouser): 37" (parts that are a 36 waist fit fine)
    Inseam (actual): 32"
    Normal size suit worn[/quote] 42L, I have some 44L but I am getting them tapered.

17. mt_spiffy

18. Night Owl

Night Owl Well-Known Member

As measured ON MY BODY (not by measuring a garment):

Chest: 42"
    Shoulder: 48"
    Waist (at stomach): 40"
    Sleeve length: NO CLUE how to measure this, my shirts are 34/35 and it seems closer to the 35
    Height: 6'2"
    Waist (trouser): 37" (parts that are a 36 waist fit fine)
    Inseam (actual): 32"
    Normal size suit worn 42L, I have some 44L but I am getting them tapered.

wtf waist =40

You've gained a lot of weight spiffy you look positively chunk in these recent photos

And YEAH I KNOW YOU'RE GOING TO SAY YOU'RE THE EXACT SAME WEIGHT AS BEFORE

That's a small part of your overall delusional mind that has been telling yourself that these clothes looks ok

19. ZackyBoy

ZackyBoy Well-Known Member

Oh for fuck sakes. I thought you planned on fixing aspects of your clothing?

Your buddies look like they need to lay off the fast food.

20. mt_spiffy

wtf waist =40

You've gained a lot of weight spiffy you look positively chunk in these recent photos

At most, 10lbs over the past year or two. Not really a lot when you're 6'2.