• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

As promised, pictures of my outfits

glowell222

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mt_spiffy
It was asked for, and I am thick-skinned. Also I am very interested to see the opinions.

Good on you, spiffy. When I was your age I dressed much, much worse. I have mostly tracked down and destroyed all known photos of me from that era. I'm willing to pay top dollar for any that may have survived.

Kudos to you for (at the very least) trying and (at the very best) experimenting. Bold, very bold.

emosstheboss

Reaction score
Bold? A full windsor is bold. His tie knots are somehow wider than the actual ties themselves.

Remarkable.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought that this thread died a month ago, now it's back again.
lurker[1].gif

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
I'll be posting some new, more serious photos very soon. I'll probably start a different thread. Stay tuned.

dsmolken

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mt_spiffy
I'll be posting some new, more serious photos very soon. I'll probably start a different thread. Stay tuned.

I'm curious what this "more serious" will look like. I read that Steve Harvey has stopped doing four-button suits, back pleats etc. Are even church suits are becoming more conservative and less loud these days?

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
Serious meaning I'm actually going to ask some questions.

Butterfly

Reaction score
Good Lord. Sometimes it's better to invest in a pair of jeans and a tee-shirt, isn't it. At least you already have the jeans.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How does this fuckin' thread keep popping up on page 1?
crazy.gif

satorstyle

Reaction score
Please don't start a new thread, this one has staying power. Looking foward to the new look, big fan.

Trendy Sing Sing

Reaction score
peepwall[1].gif
Great job OP, now you're almost as well dress as this guy:

male_mannequin.jpg

... Nuff said.

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
What I wore Sunday:

dan3p.jpg

dan3p2.jpg

This is exactly how I found it from the thrift store, no tailoring. Shoulders are maybe 1" too small, waist maybe 1" too big. Tie is just right.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads