• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mirrorkisser

Reaction score
Well they are probably right. Unless you got them on a discount, I would ask for a partial refund though, as you probably paid full price for a product that is aesthetically and functionally 100%.

cshky

Reaction score
Well they are probably right. Unless you got them on a discount, I would ask for a partial refund though, as you probably paid full price for a product that is aesthetically and functionally 100%.
Just requested an exchange, the stitch is too obvious and I couldn't stand it(noticible from few feets away). Don't know if I need I need to pay for the return postage tough, if so it would cost me another $50...

Mirrorkisser

Reaction score
Well it's their fault, that the product is defective. They should pay for the return shipping not you. I guess they have an interest to be known to treat customers friendly and fair.

EUtroll

Reaction score
I think smaller imperfections, which aren't affecting the durability, are to be expected at such a low price point. If it's perfection you're seeking, prepare to pay more.

cshky

Reaction score
Well it's their fault, that the product is defective. They should pay for the return shipping not you. I guess they have an interest to be known to treat customers friendly and fair.
yes they are very kind and promised I don't need to pay extra for the return. Hope it goes well:)

Mirrorkisser

Reaction score
Well unless you try to troll, Eutroll, this is not a cemented 5€ product made in China, but an almost 300€ shoe. Even with trainers/sneakers for 50€ you expect proper sewing. Of course you can not expect the same grade in the materials as with a shoe that costs double. But you can and should expect proper construction with the materials that fit the product price calculation.

cshky

Reaction score
I think smaller imperfections, which aren't affecting the durability, are to be expected at such a low price point. If it's perfection you're seeking, prepare to pay more.
I am ok if the problem isn't very obvious but as I said it is visible from a few feet away and there's no way to hide it until I resole the shoe. I don't expect c&j level of quality at this price point but I think a consumer deserves a proper product whatever the amount he/she pays.
Anyway there is no point to argue and Skolyx has handled it well and promptly, the rest of the shoes is very well made and I believe this is just a rare case.

Last edited:

NukeMeSlowly

Reaction score
After a long search across different makers' models, I am about to pull the trigger on these balmoral boots. I would just like to nail down a couple of things...

Unfortunately, these boots were a bust and I have to return them. This blows because the boots were beautiful, great color & design, no noticeable imperfections... It is just this 915 last and my feet that cannot agree. Size 7.5: too loose in the heel cup and across the instep combined with perfect width - so sizing down to a 7 would be too narrow for my feet. **** a duck.

For the record, ordering from Skolyx was seamless, with the boot arriving in just a couple of days. I highly recommend them. I will definitely order again when I can nail down the right Yanko last for me.

Speaking of which, are there any brick & mortar shops in Paris currently selling Yanko?

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a bummer! How was the opening of the boot, noticeably larger than other makers?

NukeMeSlowly

Reaction score
What a bummer! How was the opening of the boot, noticeably larger than other makers?

The opening was a good fit for me at 7.5. Size 7 might have been a bit confining. I have somewhat developed calves.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads