• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those look great! Awesome for 149!

Honestly, I think cap toes like that are a do everything shoe. Work fine with casual attire and a suit. Sure you can do more casual shoes with casual attire, but if you don't feel like it, then dont! Just wear funky socks to even it out!

Last edited:

chris45

Reaction score

@halfnhalfnhalf
 Currently have the regular grey's LB (6061) on the way from a different warehouse so they weren't able to personally inspect (but they haven't been tried on as with my other seconds)... so I'm hoping I get good luck with the seconds LB as I have with all my others.

Damn ENABLERS! =]

So just got a call back.. They could not find the pair so they called a store and found a first quality display model.. Going to let go at seconds due to being worn, etc.

Has anyone had issues with display models? I grabbed a pair of walnut strands one time and u could easily see the color difference Bt the display shoe and the one in the box...

Should I be concerned about this with the Grey Long Branch?

They did offer to waive the return fee if there are any concerns.. But the store SA said they look great.. So I'm not that worried.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone inquired about getting the team color neumoks with a v tread sole?

Given that its unlined, is sticking with the same size on the 65 seem to run true for everyone?

From the 2nds sale will have some shell daltons, and MLB sandlots here tomorrow. The sandlots for $19 was just a no brainer. Opening day is drawing near!

Those smoke grey Long Branches are tempting me. Especially given the lovely weather here of late in ATL. But its also going to be in the 70s next week. Damn bi-polar weather.

BL70

Reaction score
as a newbie I am still obsessing about size. If you read my earlier posts I measure an 11c but my first fitting of a park ave in 11d was uncomfortably tight in the toes. I switched lasts and tried a Harrison in 11d (3 last). It was much roomier in the toe but I thought the D width was too wide for my foot with laces pulled right. I then tried the brooks brothers version of the fifth and it did not have the same toe tightness as the AE version. So I ordered seconds of Bb fifth ave.in 11d. They fit snug but not painful in the toe, but there is slight heel slip when I walk. I did read some posts saying slight heel slip in a new shoe is normal and goes away with break in. My impression was shoes get looser as they break in so was curious what others have experienced. Also went back and tried the Harrison's again and now feel I may have been overly anal. Yes I lace tight but overall they are comfortable and slip is minimal.
By the way I'm happy with the quality of the seconds. The perf in the left shoe is slightly off center and there some very minor marks in the leather but seems like a great deal for more than 50% off list.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Heel slip goes away with time because the cork in the footbed breaks in and your foot 'sinks'.

BL70

Reaction score
Last question. Do the trees from the shoe bank ship separately? I was expecting them I the same box but only got the shoes.

BL70

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I will lean towards keeping both at this point. But will keep wearing them around the house to decide if the fit is acceptable.

Regarding he trees, I ordered them with the shoes at a discount. They gave me an option of polish or trees.

OptoDoc

Reaction score
Last question. Do the trees from the shoe bank ship separately? I was expecting them I the same box but only got the shoes.

This depends on where the shoes are coming from. Keep in mind that the seconds list encompasses multiple AE outlets and the Shoe Bank. If you purchase multiple items, it is rare that they will all be housed at the same place. If they are not, you can expect to receive multiple packages.

Last edited:

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shell Daltons today. NYC is pretty gross with all the melting snow right now, but this is what shell was made for, right?

Color shows up as more red than it is in real life, but I kind of like it.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shell Daltons today. NYC is pretty gross with all the melting snow right now, but this is what shell was made for, right?

Color shows up as more red than it is in real life, but I kind of like it.

Walnut, right? How long have you had them? Interesting patina developing!

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI, 10% off AE at Sherman Brothers with code "George." Might be useful if anyone's looking to pick up firsts. As always, no tax (outside of PA) and free shipping.

YoungSweet

Reaction score
New store in DC. Just received this:

Dear Mr. XXXX [Wonderful],
Thank you for being an Allen Edmonds loyal customer. I want to let you know that we have a new store in Washington DC City center and we would like you to pay us a visit. Moreover, We have a great promotion for our new store opening, you get free belt of your choice with the purchase of any welted full price shoes.Should you ever desire to be fitted by one of our Master Fitters or simply want to see a product in person before purchasing, we are here to help you. We carry a wide selection of styles in our store and a number of the accessories that you see online.
Thank you again for your support of Allen Edmonds and know that we are here to help you with any needs you may have.

Best regards,

Alex Elsakhawi
Allen Edmonds - Citycenterdc
1071 H Street Nw
Washington Dc District Of Columbia 20001
Telephone: 202-842-5163
E-mail: [email protected]

I got the same email. Thinking of going down this weekend if the snow clears up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads