• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Memorial Day sale and all Strand weave 1sts are $140?!?

Would have loved a Burnished Copper or Chili but not in my size, great price for a great shoe. Debating on whether to get a Cornwallis because I don't wear black that often and that's what they have (I have enough Walnut on the 1943 last (3)). I may pick up a Williamsburg since I don't have a Chukka.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve recommended Kane 11 socks here previously. They make socks in specific sizes rather than a size range. Mine have been great.

Earlier this year, they started having some very significant sales (50% off, even up to 60% off). That seemed very unusual — they sometimes had sales, but they were less frequent and less discounted.

I took advantage of the sale and ordered several more pairs in April. They still have not shipped, I see many comments on Facebook about the company not shipping recent orders. I’ve sent three emails to inquire about my order status. I received a generic automated response from the first email, and nothing since. The company has stopped sending any email marketing (which I used to receive nearly every day). I suspect that I will never receive those socks.

The website appears to still be operational. I suggest “buyer beware” at this point.

gv7123456

Reaction score
Gents, any thoughts on the canal court @ roughly $100? Thinking about suede - either the darker grey, sage green, or dark brown. Thoughts on most versatile color? I seldom wear sneakers so seeking max versatility and prefer the more contrasty cup sole look and the texture from the suede (ie. vs the calf).

Will be mainly worn with denim or shorts (though I don't wear shorts often either).

Also, any sizing tips as compared to 65 or 97 lasts, etc (or even brannock). Anyone compare the D vs. E width?

I really like mine. I went with my 65 size in the end (11e), but they are their own beast and it’s probably not a sure fire formula for everyone to get their fit right. And sizing is more important than you might think (at least more than I thought). I first went with 11.5d (511 size and my my normal size for most things), but because it’s a sneaker sole that is flexible throughout it doesn’t just bend at the ball of your foot like a GYW shoe. All parts of it bend, so that extra half size in length meant that when I walked it would bend one major spot at my ball and another significant spot over my toes and they are sturdy enough with the lining that really was quite uncomfortable digging into my toes each step. Shorter and wider for me worked out very well, but like anything you will be best off trying them on. Hope that helps.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve recommended Kane 11 socks here previously. They make socks in specific sizes rather than a size range. Mine have been great.

Earlier this year, they started having some very significant sales (50% off, even up to 60% off). That seemed very unusual — they sometimes had sales, but they were less frequent and less discounted.

I took advantage of the sale and ordered several more pairs in April. They still have not shipped, I see many comments on Facebook about the company not shipping recent orders. I’ve sent three emails to inquire about my order status. I received a generic automated response from the first email, and nothing since. The company has stopped sending any email marketing (which I used to receive nearly every day). I suspect that I will never receive those socks.

The website appears to still be operational. I suggest “buyer beware” at this point.
Sorry to hear that. Made in the USA too if I recall correctly. Your & @BagleyBrown 's recommendation landed me a bunch of wool socks last winter...

20210120_155738.jpg

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Made in the USA too if I recall correctly. Your & @BagleyBrown 's recommendation landed me a bunch of wool socks last winter...

View attachment 1615976

Saw this one passing through...crushing news if not for the few years collection of 15s in the closet. :). Checked the site, they are at 60% discount. Scary.

Hope everyone is well in Shoe-ville!

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Checked their facebook page out of curiosity. Seems like they disappeared a while back and aren't fulfilling anyone's orders. Not a good sign at all.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bringing this back to Wingtip Wednesday. This color of brown Shell suits me fine.
00469A70-7906-4B92-A53A-5FF9C42D0275.jpeg
91439AF0-1D4D-496B-AAB2-F58F304AD0F6.jpeg

dc_slicker

Reaction score

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads