• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wore tan suede Strandmok 0.0's today and got an odd feeling many weird hands were reaching out for my shoes.

View attachment 1615476

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, not the best picture but the only one I took while walking around in East Hollywood/Los Feliz for a few hours on streets I hadn't walked on before.

Took this picture by putting the iPhone and the KobraTech Cell Phone Tripod Mount on top of an AT&T relay box.

View attachment 1615483

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, went to the Alcove Cafe on Hillhurst Avenue in Los Feliz for lunch and had a fried chicken sandwich. First time I had a fried chicken sandwich there ordered fries with the sandwich. The sandwich came with enough fries to feed a village. Now always order sandwiches at the Alcove Cafe with salad rather than with fries.

Those who grew up in the fifties will probably understand. My younger brother and I had to eat everything we put on our plates at dinner or our Father would hit us.

In my Elementary School cafeteria the school nurse stood by the trash can. You could only throw empty milk cartons and paper napkins in the trash. If there was any food left on your tray you had to go and see the Principal and often got paddled. As a result, I always eat everything that's on my plate.

View attachment 1615484

For fans of random pictures in shoe threads, I observed the Griffith Park Observatory from almost every street I walked on in East Hollywood/Los Feliz today.

View attachment 1615485
Grew up in the 50's/60's TOTALLY understand the lunch room thing. Great looking shoes BTW

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
I have long admired @Roycru’s posts. While most of us cannot hope to imitate his charm or personality, I would enjoy it if more of us imitated his custom of posting photographs of his entire outfit. Seeing his shoes in the context of the rest of his wardrobe gives me ideas for how to wear my own shoes, in a way that close-ups of only shoes do not. It is nice to see the details of a shoe, the way it is polished, etc., but I started buying better shoes in order to improve my outfits, and I would love to see more outfits on here. Just my two cents, as I stare at my closet deciding what I want to wear to work tomorrow.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Natty Strands today:
7FF9763F-452B-4CCE-AA31-94F46F8DD3F7.jpeg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have long admired @Roycru’s posts. While most of us cannot hope to imitate his charm or personality, I would enjoy it if more of us imitated his custom of posting photographs of his entire outfit. Seeing his shoes in the context of the rest of his wardrobe gives me ideas for how to wear my own shoes, in a way that close-ups of only shoes do not. It is nice to see the details of a shoe, the way it is polished, etc., but I started buying better shoes in order to improve my outfits, and I would love to see more outfits on here. Just my two cents, as I stare at my closet deciding what I want to wear to work tomorrow.
Uhhh NO. You would be horrified seeing my entire outfit. It is usually a disaster.

miggyramone

Reaction score
I'd like to piggy back off my last question about closed lacing shoes with jeans. I understand the Strandmok is a casual shoe, so it's ok, but would a regular strand or McAllistor look bad with jeans?

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean, I’ll do it, but I’ll probably trigger someone because I wear jeans and tee shirts most days (WITH cap toe oxfords).

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd like to piggy back off my last question about closed lacing shoes with jeans. I understand the Strandmok is a casual shoe, so it's ok, but would a regular strand or McAllistor look bad with jeans?
I think the key is to do something to make them more casual and wear jeans that are well fitting with a hem.
A4B46C2D-D1FE-413C-92CF-B70EB5B33BB1.jpeg

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am but one man; however, my opinion is that it pretty much always is a bad look. Even when people say “look, this is an exception!” with a photo of them doing it, it still always looks bad to me.

But then I look around and see all the ugly, happy people who have ugly, happy spouses and love life and I think to myself “who cares what I think?”

SumDude

Reaction score

Try very dark denim like I did on page 343 post 5134.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads