• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DC area folks, any ideas where I can get some oxblood polish? Kiwi is fine, I ain't fancy. AE.com doesn't seem to have that color, and the Navy exchange on the Yard was no joy (I am disappoint, Navy).
Good question, as I have oxblood MacNeils en route. And for what it's worth, found some creative answers below. But I do like @WNovizar's answer as oxblood appears as a watery red to me.

CR78

Reaction score
Is it necessary to attend the trunk show in order to get a pair of chili shell Strands, or will they be widely available for order? Also, matching belt...?

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DC area folks, any ideas where I can get some oxblood polish? Kiwi is fine, I ain't fancy. AE.com doesn't seem to have that color, and the Navy exchange on the Yard was no joy (I am disappoint, Navy).
Call a few AE stores or outlets. One of them may have a tube or two stashed away. y

Else it's eBay and pay up:

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm getting an unexpected authorization login thing that keeps blocking me from using the site.
Same here. AE seriously needs to get some talent over on their web dev team. Or at least get a QC person to test things out before pushing this crap onto the server, it's ridiculous...

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same here. AE seriously needs to get some talent over on their web dev team. Or at least get a QC person to test things out before pushing this crap onto the server, it's ridiculous...

It's working now. They do have their issues, but at least it's not like Alden's site.

Looking at the inventory, there's a lot of stuff for sale that I was not aware of. There's plenty of grey cxl Strandmoks if anyone is interested for $157. There's some boat shoes at great prices too. Also, some Horween flip flops!

Last edited:

WNovizar

Reaction score
Which of the trunk show host stores are the nearest from Santa Clarita, Las Vegas?

Last edited:

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's working now. They do have their issues, but at least it's not like Alden's site.

Looking at the inventory, there's a lot of stuff for sale that I was not aware of. There's plenty of grey cxl Strandmoks if anyone is interested for $157. There's some boat shoes at great prices too. Also, some Horween flip flops!

I keep getting opportunities to buy the MacLennan. I really don’t need one. My thought goes like this:

Since I have zero opportunities to wear a black whole cut, I should get it for such a cheap price—I won’t be paying a lot for a shoe I won’t wear!

Then I think...

I should buy a more expensive whole cut that is more sleek, but only when I start to have a need to wear one

michaeliany

Reaction score
I saw that the 2 pairs of strands i bought on summer clearance are actually better priced at this labor day sale.
Googled and saw that AE doesn’t do price adjustments: you have to buy again at the better price then return the original purchase.
I tried making the buy prob a dozen times. In different ways too, even at one point adding an additional 3 pairs of shoes, even at another point, some shell bradleys i took a liking to in store.
No dice.
The website didn’t want my money.
That was 4 hours ago. Frustrated, i went to bed.
Just woke up and figured id try again. Tried several times.
No go.
Then i put in a couple pairs without the original strands i wanted. Guess what? Transaction completed and email confirmation followed 5 seconds later.
My resolve reinvigorated, I attempt my orig strand purchase, the whole fn point to it: fail.
I try again with a different credit card, one i havent used in a year: success!

Good luck on their website everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads