• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
How much v gap do you have on the 65

Heh -- that's a whole other thing. These are, I think, a 10D and not optimal. I think I need a 9.5EE if I end up ordering a Strand but I was planning to try to confirm that. On a shell strand in a 10D, I had a bit less of a v-gap but still more than I'd prefer (and they were rolling through the cap so I'd want them a little shorter).

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Solely in the interest of enhancing Caleres bottom line, I would strenuously advocate for no burnishing.

It'll save me a hell of a lot of effort trying to scrub it off when they arrive. :(
I tend to agree with this as I prefer keeping the underlying color closer to garnet / original AE chili rather than the calf dark chili. However, if some burnishing is a must then less rather than more would be preferable so as not to darken the overall color too much. That said, the burnished bourbon in the last trunk show was quite tastefully done.
That chili shell looks amazing! That Strand is the perfect shade - not too much darker, please!
+1 x 3. Keep it as is, looks great! or only light burnishing if any

Bummed about the Bayfield being 86'd... Requesting shell First Avenues pictures and 201 last comparison please.
Ditto. Was looking forward to a Bayfield. The 1 Ave is a beautiful boot, but I already know I can't wear it in my normal B width, and I doubt they will make an A.

RMB35

Reaction score
I have unfortunate news, but I also have wonderful news.

I'd rather open with the bad.

We are not going to be able to offer the Bayfield for the trunk show. We were looking so forward to this, and it's personally one of my favorite styles, but we were told that we actually no longer have the tools to construct this style. We regret that, but are replacing that style with the First Ave, as that was very well received earlier this year. This will also offer you an additional boot last for this show.
Please accept our sincerest apologies, we are sad about this too.

On to the exceptional news.

We DO HAVE chili photos for you, as well as shaved. They are absolutely gorgeous and I am blown away. Even my own very high expectations were exceeded and I hope you all feel the same. I look forward to hearing what you think!

One significant note about the chili: the photo is PRE burnishing. We are working on the perfect chili formula to emulate something similar to our dark chili color. Again, the photo shows something pre burnishing, so it looks a little brighter than you can expect. View attachment 1231404 View attachment 1231406 View attachment 1231403
I agree with everyone else that chili looks great. Would it be possible to eventually get a picture of the chili between brown and burgundy?

WNovizar

Reaction score
I have unfortunate news, but I also have wonderful news.

I'd rather open with the bad.

We are not going to be able to offer the Bayfield for the trunk show. We were looking so forward to this, and it's personally one of my favorite styles, but we were told that we actually no longer have the tools to construct this style. We regret that, but are replacing that style with the First Ave, as that was very well received earlier this year. This will also offer you an additional boot last for this show.
Please accept our sincerest apologies, we are sad about this too.

On to the exceptional news.

We DO HAVE chili photos for you, as well as shaved. They are absolutely gorgeous and I am blown away. Even my own very high expectations were exceeded and I hope you all feel the same. I look forward to hearing what you think!

One significant note about the chili: the photo is PRE burnishing. We are working on the perfect chili formula to emulate something similar to our dark chili color. Again, the photo shows something pre burnishing, so it looks a little brighter than you can expect. View attachment 1231404 View attachment 1231406 View attachment 1231403
I don't know whether I am sad that those burgundy shaved is so gorgeous but I can't get it, or I am happy that since I can't get shaved shell, I am happy if it turns out that I got the unappealing dark brown one.

That's too bad bayfield is no longer on offer, looks like I have to held my Color 4 Bayfield more dearly.

That Chili Shell looks like Color 4 at first glance, but I think it looks brighter? That's what it looks to me in comparison with my Color 4 Bayfield

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What sole/edge there?

Heh -- that's a whole other thing. These are, I think, a 10D and not optimal. I think I need a 9.5EE if I end up ordering a Strand but I was planning to try to confirm that. On a shell strand in a 10D, I had a bit less of a v-gap but still more than I'd prefer (and they were rolling through the cap so I'd want them a little shorter).

I see lots of v gap—201 is much safer then

WNovizar

Reaction score
Beware! I wear a 10.5D for the Stirling, but a 10D for the First Ave!
That's weird, I wear Black CXL Stirling in 10D, and Bourbon First Ave in 10.5D

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok guys, I am finished playing with my Madison Parks. Put some polish on them.
7757974E-4574-4BE0-A38C-18F67BBEAB0A.jpeg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's weird, I wear Black CXL Stirling in 10D, and Bourbon First Ave in 10.5D

It’s because my instep and heel need a size 10, but the forefoot needs 10.5. The Oxford boot in the smaller size squeezes the forefoot, but the blucher boot opens enough these to let the foot fit.

pbrandes

Reaction score
From the replies thus far there seems to be an overwhelming preference for no burnishing on shell. I'm wondering if anyone actually wants it?

Since the regulars here are the most likely target buyers, it would be good for all to weigh in on this to provide feedback. Hopefully AE won't go to the extra trouble to do burnishing that no one wants...

mastakebob

Reaction score
DC area folks, any ideas where I can get some oxblood polish? Kiwi is fine, I ain't fancy. AE.com doesn't seem to have that color, and the Navy exchange on the Yard was no joy (I am disappoint, Navy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads