• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DC area folks, any ideas where I can get some oxblood polish? Kiwi is fine, I ain't fancy. AE.com doesn't seem to have that color, and the Navy exchange on the Yard was no joy (I am disappoint, Navy).

The burgundy polish on the AE site says merlot, oxblood or mahogany. Too bad they've condensed their selection and don't have exact matches anymore.

AJ1

Reaction score
Going to have to agree on the burnishing.
Looking at some of the bourbon, think burnish wasn’t completely necessary. Would be nice to see chili clean of any burnished caps.

From the replies thus far there seems to be an overwhelming preference for no burnishing on shell. I'm wondering if anyone actually wants it?

Since the regulars here are the most likely target buyers, it would be good for all to weigh in on this to provide feedback. Hopefully AE won't go to the extra trouble to do burnishing that no one wants...

mastakebob

Reaction score
The burgundy polish on the AE site says merlot, oxblood or mahogany. Too bad they've condensed their selection and don't have exact matches anymore.

Yea, Amazon has an oxblood Kiwi, but it's $8 which seems excessive.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So, people worried about too much volume in 201 just remember I get full closure on 65 oxfords and can still wear 201 in boot form
View attachment 1231469

Good heavens. If YOU have that much gap on the first ave boot, I would need an 85 inch lace to close them. Just kidding....but not much.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Their finishes will never be exact. It seems to me that with polish “close enough” is enough.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are we sure that the shaved shell on the right is not in fact brown shaved, because that is what it looks like? If not, are we able to see any brown or even chili shaved? My understanding is that those would be options too

No, only color #8 shaved. Horween really only makes #8 and black shaved shell, although they have made navy, green, cigar and ultraviolet shaved on occasion.

WNovizar

Reaction score
Just chimed in again for another vote of no burnishing on that chili shell.

WNovizar

Reaction score
DC area folks, any ideas where I can get some oxblood polish? Kiwi is fine, I ain't fancy. AE.com doesn't seem to have that color, and the Navy exchange on the Yard was no joy (I am disappoint, Navy).
I use Saphir Hermes Red Pommadier Cream and then Red Pate de Luxe Wax for AE oxblood color

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads