• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Early morning Harrison pic. These are in need of some polish and cleaning.

IMG_20170426_070536.jpg

AMiller31

Reaction score
It's good to be back!

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out walking around in my grey suede Strandmoks earlier today when I noticed how well grey suede Strandmoks go with concrete paving as well as how long it has been since some streets in Los Angeles were repaved (or even resurfaced).

IMG_0517 2.jpg

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Snuff suede Dundee's waiting for me when I got home. Tried them on them sprayed to waterproof. Love them. Will probably wear these tomorrow. Also have a pair of cognac McTavish's coming later in the week. Add in the brown Strandmoks I got this week and the Cavanaugh's (going back) and it's been a pretty good shoe week.

gjk5

Reaction score
tried to wear the Rutledges for the first time today but caused a strange pain in left foot causing me to rethink.

Switched to the McAllisters and was surprised. Socks make such a difference in all of these shoes. I was convinced they were tight while wearing the last couple of months with more wintery appropriate socks. Put them on with some nice thin Pantherellas today and they fit like a freaking dream.

gjk5

Reaction score
Snuff suede Dundee's waiting for me when I got home. Tried them on them sprayed to waterproof. Love them. Will probably wear these tomorrow. Also have a pair of cognac McTavish's coming later in the week. Add in the brown Strandmoks I got this week and the Cavanaugh's (going back) and it's been a pretty good shoe week.

I have a couple of suedes that need waterproofing, what is the best product?

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@LA Guy Well it did get crazy for you but you did well, very well. You pushed all the right buttons and did the correct steps in the right order. And hope you take my advise and take some time off now, at least a few hours. Sleep is not overrated, just saying...

Wearing vintage burgundy shell Leeds today. Changed the edge from black to transparent brown this weekend. These may have new life now. Pardon the uppers - I did nothing to them after the sugery. They're due a good conditioning. View attachment 136119 View attachment 136120
These shoes will spend the summer bleaching in the sun.

With those pants and socks you have a perfect match and with the black speckling showing through on those Leeds, Extremely well done!

Not sure I would sun bleach mine, which are my oldest shell, but obvious that you know what you are doing. Bravo Zulu! Now I need another pair of socks. And pants LOL.

I tried to click Like more than once but it wouldn't let me. I love those also!

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of suedes that need waterproofing, what is the best product?

That might be open to debate :)

I really like Bickmore products and years ago suggested on here how good Bick 4 was great for leather, both calf and cow. So when I picked up the Katmai I used Bickmore Gard More on them. And wear them through mud, snow and rain and have never had an issue.

Several people on here have suggested Tarrago Nano Spray and I think it is a wash although speculation on my part as I have never used it. But have put my Katmai through some pretty rough use and am happy with Bickmore products. And the price is right.

Recently picked up the Snuff Dundee and the MDxAE so purchased another can of the Guard More. But don't think you can wrong with either that or the Nano protector. Not sure who makes the AE suede protector but doubt it is AE so never used it. But would think it is as effective as the others. Eventually no matter what you use you find yourself washing with mild soap detergent and rinsing them in a deep sink and spending several days letting them dry. Unless you like the white buck worn to scar prep look, which I do not care for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads