• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True.

To make it worse everyone knows the cell coverage in hell is terrible.

However, if you are wearing Allen-Edmonds shoes when you go to Hell, the Devil lets you sit on his throne.

P1080364 2.JPG

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one that doesn't mind the new site. However, I have not tried using it on my phone. I'm not a phone person in general -- I rely on computers. Load times have been slow, but they are better today. The only thing I'm a bit disappointed with is that all the old pictures and reviews are gone.

Reviews are now under "reviews" though there is quite a bit of ironing out to be done there.

Images up to Dec 15, 2016, are nearly complete. However, there was some issue with the delivery of the images to our servers from our former partners for images after that. We are working with them to get them back.

Cheers,

Fok.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is this typical of Allen Edmunds? I purchased a pair of Park Avenues and a pair of LGA's from the local store that seemed good. LGAs seemed to be lacking in quality but their basically a shoes for walking around all the time in. But wanted to start a Shell Cordovan collection. So I ended up getting two pairs of Alden boots a set of 403 in Chromexcel and Indy's in Shell Cordovan. They were perfect. I ordered AE Leeds in Shell and was told it would take 4-6 weeks! Okay fine I guess their made to order. So I'm told they are to be completed on the 4th of April. Then on the 4th I call to get my tracking number and was told that they were put on the red line but were not available. Then the following week I call and they say their still in lasting. Then my store calls a week later and said they are in but unfortunately I'm in another city for the week. So I finally get home and go to pickup my shoes and I'm rather shocked at what I find.

In the first picture there are two gashes in the top that I could probably start to pick at with a finger nail in depth. Also the stitching on the outside is folded around and down like the stitched it too short. You can see it in the glare. In the second picture you can see that area of stitches is sticking up and out. Also you can see on the inner edge where the stitching is all mashed up making a gap. That's fairly bad and then I flip the shoe over to find that the stitching on the sole on the left side is half out of the grove and when you run your finger over it it's all shredded and sticking up.

Is this typical for these shoes? I'm a little nervous about waiting another month and a half to have really messed up shoes shipped to me again or if I should cancel the order and get the Alden version of these, I don't really like their near black color 8 instead of a real Burgundy but this has really put me off. I'm wondering how this get past quality control? So should I just keep sending them back until I get a good pair with them eating the costs or just order from another company?

View attachment 134834 View attachment 134835 View attachment 134836

The scratches will brush out without a problem. The sole is not a big issue. The gap on the side should not exist and I would ask for it to be fixed or replaced.

DoubleOldFashioned

Reaction score
I'm a simple cave man - I figured switching over from one platform to the next would have some issues, so I've maintained low expectations. As long as I see a few cool AE shoe pics and read the occasional enlightening post each day, I'm good.

Heck, if I see 5 or more good pics each day I feel like I've gotten more than the money I've put into this forum.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a simple cave man - I figured switching over from one platform to the next would have some issues, so I've maintained low expectations. As long as I see a few cool AE shoe pics and read the occasional enlightening post each day, I'm good.

Heck, if I see 5 or more good pics each day I feel like I've gotten more than the money I've put into this forum.

Had the new format arrived with instructions there might have been far fewer unhappy campers.

If we all had psychic powers, we wouldn't use them to figure out how Styleforum now works, we'd use them to pick Lotto numbers and win ten billion dollars.

Although I have (sort of) figured out how to post pictures (a very roundabout process) I still haven't figured out how to delete drafts I don't want to post (since the pictures didn't come out right).

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up another shelf storage thing today for my main 12-man rotation. I'm thinking my Clark St may transfer to another team soon, if that's in his best interest for minutes. Notice I still have the HM and Wilbert as reserves on the right. The University has not officially joined our team, as he's ineligible for at least a few months and will remain under my work desk.

IMG_20170423_210446_zps0ksn1rim.jpg

IMG_20170423_210818_zpswysr0ea6.jpg

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I died and went to Hell, the first thing that the devil would do is make me use this forum to post a picture with my iPhone.

Well you are in hell already using an iPhone :( Oh wait my oldest son is level 2 tech support for Apple and I taught him what he knows to get there, belay my last.

I am not a fan of convergence and use the right tools in the toolbox as a rule. For example if you want a Nav system this is a Nav system

29870965306_571dfdf284_b.jpg

And come here on the latest greatest gaming laptop with SSD and latest proc with more RAM than many servers have. And a 4K 27" monitor.

If I move an icon on a users desktop to a different color scheme I have 60K screaming users yelling at me. Although I don't do end point and am the guy in the basement that gets thrown a bone once in awhile. If I made changes like this I would be fired and don't have long to go before I can retire. Again. And I know this platform and have done migrations for many years starting with the mainframe. OK will try not rant anymore and will give it a little longer. But everything I do on here at this point causes my asshole to pucker, no excuses IMO. Of course I don't pay or have to work on it either. It is an option in my life...

Lets try some Walnut shell picture from Flickr on here. I know how it works on this platform from other sites, see if it works here the same way.

14288163769_e464c7b9aa_b.jpg

Takes a long time to come up. I can Index a complete data warehouse in less time than this new platform has been up.

Where the hell is the eating popcorn to demonstrate waiting emoli icon. Damn there is only 12 of them and they all look like, never mind...

Fatmatt5

Reaction score
Well you are in hell already using an iPhone :( Oh wait my oldest son is level 2 tech support for Apple and I taught him what he knows to get there, belay my last.

I am not a fan of convergence and use the right tools in the toolbox as a rule. For example if you want a Nav system this is a Nav system

29870965306_571dfdf284_b.jpg

And come here on the latest greatest gaming laptop with SSD and latest proc with more RAM than many servers have. And a 4K 27" monitor.

If I move an icon on a users desktop to a different color scheme I have 60K screaming users yelling at me. Although I don't do end point and am the guy in the basement that gets thrown a bone once in awhile. If I made changes like this I would be fired and don't have long to go before I can retire. Again. And I know this platform and have done migrations for many years starting with the mainframe. OK will try not rant anymore and will give it a little longer. But everything I do on here at this point causes my asshole to pucker, no excuses IMO. Of course I don't pay or have to work on it either. It is an option in my life...

Lets try some Walnut shell picture from Flickr on here. I know how it works on this platform from other sites, see if it works here the same way.

14288163769_e464c7b9aa_b.jpg

Takes a long time to come up. I can Index a complete data warehouse in less time than this new platform has been up.

Where the hell is the eating popcorn to demonstrate waiting emoli icon. Damn there is only 12 of them and they all look like, never mind...

That dash setup is pretty legit (or intense, or maybe both). Have you considered just getting a Tesla? It's got a big 'ol screen like that built in.

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I move an icon on a users desktop to a different color scheme I have 60K screaming users yelling at me. Although I don't do end point and am the guy in the basement that gets thrown a bone once in awhile. If I made changes like this I would be fired and don't have long to go before I can retire.

This is not a fair comparison. When, rarely, healthcare systems change their software, they spend large amounts of money on customizing the software to suit their needs, on transitioning the data, and on training end users to work with the new system. They can afford it, since patients and/or taxpayers foot the bills.

Now that looks awesome!

Fatmatt5

Reaction score
Traveling to D.C. For the week. First class making the early morning travel a little better. Didn't wear any AEs today, but I am wearing my AE wide basic belt. That's unpictured...

IMG_1119.JPG

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the old saying: You gets what you paid for. Since I'm not paying for this site, I'll just go ahead and suck up these newfangled forum changes.

It was not raining this morning, but the chances of rain were high today. Thus, I went with the dainite soled chili Universities. Good call. Sorry about the murky pix, though:
6PrgxpY.jpg

Fatmatt5

Reaction score
Using this post as an example. All I see is the first picture and a ton of white space beneath it. Not sure if there were additional pictures that are not showing up or just a bunch of wasted white space. Is anyone else seeing this?

I don't see any white space, neither on my phone nor computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads