• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

amphillips79

Reaction score

You all are killing me today (in a good way)! Just what I needed. It's a shame we're all so geographically dispersed as I am positive I could hang with many of you. Cheers!

You're probably lucky my SF page loading issues persist. I'd post a pic, but the gods are against me. Walnut Madison Parks today because that's just what I felt like doing.

Yes! We should have a weasel convention! Scotch and AEs all around!

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: When I imbibe it tends to be Bourbon or Rye and I would say my tastes are rather modest, but maybe I just haven't found the right Scotch yet. I don't care for the peaty stuff at all. For reference, I think the one I've tried that's tickled my taste buds just the right way has been some kind of Glenrothes, but I cannot remember exactly which one. But, my experience is very limited. This seems like it would be both costly and logistically difficult to arrange, but it does sound like a great idea.

DoubleOldFashioned

Reaction score

Maiden Voyage! These showed up as pair #30 last night. Natural Shell Macneil! Forgive the poor photos, it is a work in progress skill set (or lack thereof). I've asked @middlepP for some pointers as hah. Shout out to @Middlife for the tip and Ashley at the Charleston Shoebank store for the help.
Those are freaking SWEEEEEET!

amphillips79

Reaction score
@St Hubbins Based on your described tastes above, I would highly recommend you try Glenlivet Nadurra. Very smooth, ow on peat, and mid range price wise for a top shelf scotch.

Last edited:

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I think the midnight navy is pretty subdued indoors for the most part, in the sunlight it is quite obviously blue and think it stands out just enough. Something about the brightness of the this new blue seems almost like too much blue and because it is not subdued I don't see how you can wear it with blue slacks of any kind. Light grey perhaps would be the pairing for these or light khaki I suppose? I think midnight navy has much more versatility (yes I know we are talking about blue shoes haha). I'm also the one who got garnet shell cornwallis and I'm quite curious to see how that red compares to the garnet. The garnet has some brownish parts to it (still predominantly on the red side) while that red seems to just be red with some burnishing. I don't think I'll be snagging any of these personally. The St. John in blue looks exceptionally strange to me. That shoe I think is at its best in Chili.

Oh @TexasTexter has these on order for sure right TT? We all look forward to your color comparisons once more haha.

I get where you are coming from. I originally wanted some calf shoes that looked similar to the shell navy that I've seen pics of. The midnight navy is nice indeed, but it's very subtle and I would prefer something like the navy shell. I haven't seen this new blue in person, but I wonder if it's very bright or more like the shell color. I won't be buying another pair of navy shoes -- having two is plenty.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes! We should have a weasel convention! Scotch and AEs all around!
Absolutely!
@St Hubbins Based on your described tastes above, I would highly recommend you try Glenlivet Nadurra. Very smooth, ow on peat, and mid range price wise for a top shelf scotch.
Exactly what I was going to suggest. Even the Glenlivet 10 year is pretty low on the peat scale to me (but I drink mostly Islays, so there's that)
Lol I used that one this morning, I think we need a moratorium on the same meme being used twice in one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads