• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lmrjfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Almost looks like bourbon to me.  Maybe someone ordered bourbon, burnishing wasn't as dark as they wanted, so they were advertised as walnut?  Definitely darker than anything walnut I have....and quite honestly nearly a dead ringer for my bourbon daltons.

Which I'll be wearing a little later after work (and putting up a photo of) when I go GTI shopping.....

You are correct sir! My mistake, I meant to say Bourbon Daltons.
Post edited to correct.

Middlife

Reaction score
My father always said, "Life begins when the kids leave home and the cat dies."

I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young."

"Why, what did she tell you?"

"I don't know, I didn't listen.”

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyybe.

Perhaps we were separated at birth... I'm on my third VW right now. It's sadly not a GTI. Had a 1998 GTI VR6 that I loved, though. I made the awesome decision this time to get one of the now scandalous 2.0L TDI models.

Last edited:

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CAC bourbon Dalton seconds.

I believe that this wrinkling is the cause of the second status.

But with pants they seem to look fine.

For $160.00 I think they are keepers.
If you take some leather conditioner and go over the boots and then use the Bourbon polish it evens out the color (mainly what I see on the uppers will even out) and they will look perfect.

Jackboot

Reaction score
At the risk of being a wet blanket...

Is it just me, or is there an awful lot of OT content in this thread lately? I'm not against some OT content in threads, but this thread is already so popular that all the additional OT content makes it nearly impossible to keep up with.

Does anybody else feel like this thread would benefit from more focus on AE-only content, and maybe even a bit of restraint in terms of post quality?

...but that's just, like, my opinion, man!

TokenMao

Reaction score
a9cb47f4946904853685cabbcefe2a8d.jpg

Merlot McAllister today

garland

Reaction score
My $80 eBay Freiburgs. Maybe a little too much burnishing, but oh well.

Im sure you could darken the rest of the boot or lighten the toes, depending on what you like better.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Perhaps we were separated at birth... I'm on my third VW right now. It's sadly not a GTI. Had a 1998 GTI VR6 that I loved, though. I made the awesome decision this time to get one of the now scandalous 2.0L TDI models.

13 jetta tdi 6mt currently. 134k on the ticker, getting 7k more than i owe for the buyback. Silly kot to.

Wife is in a dsg golf tdi, shes doing the "fix"....then malone stage 2 :p

Weathered

Reaction score
Not to clog this thread with non-AE stuff, but for what it's worth, I bought a GTI last summer and couldn't be happier. Fantastic car for the money. Good luck!

Bernie

<more non-AE content>

I've had a '16 GLI since July, and I'm also thrilled with it. The newest 2.0 TSI has much more life to it than the '14 GLI that I had been seriously flirting with a couple of years back.

</non-AE content.

Nolaman

Reaction score
All this Higgins Mill talk got me thinking boots. Just ordered a pair of brown sturgis 2.0 of the bank for $97. Couldn't help myself. I'll post pics when they come in.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing snuff suede Neumoks today.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All this Higgins Mill talk got me thinking boots. Just ordered a pair of brown sturgis 2.0 of the bank for $97. Couldn't help myself. I'll post pics when they come in.
That's a good deal but for sure not the same boot. If I remember correctly that boot has a rubber sole and I think I heard it wears out fast. But $97 you can afford to replace it when needed good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads