• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTD1

Reaction score
I'm stumped too. Maybe because they are not part of England? Oh well, $180 is a steal. I paid $184 for a pair of 2nds, so you guys did better than me.

Loake Badmintons arrived this morning. Fortunately I'm working from home today as the FedEx delivery required signature. Unfortunately my wife is also home and asked what was just delivered and would not accept "nothing, don't worry about it" as an answer.

Apologies for the non-AE content:

Definitely could have ordered another 0.5 size down, but they're not terribly big and I'd wear these with slightly heavier socks anyway.

Bringing the discussion back to AE - does anyone know if they typically refresh sold out items during the RDA sale? I want to get a Manistee belt in Dark Chili but 32/34/36 are all sold out already.

RTD1

Reaction score
PSA: Massdrop has Woodlore Epic Shoe Trees up. 2 for $34.99 when its all said and done.
Amazon has the Cedar Elements shoe trees (near as I can tell these are all made by the same company) at 2 pairs for $30. I grabbed a bunch last week.

Newberry

Reaction score
I see a pair of Dunde boots in dark brown cordovan my size at the shoe bank for $450. Thinking if I should get them or not. Tough choice

Newberry

Reaction score

Ok picked these up from the Shoe Bank after the announcement of the Dundee Discontinuation in Shell. One shoe has a tear or gouge in the leather. Is this a deal breaker? Can this be fixed?
Is that the dark brown color? They look a lot darker than I thought they would be. The reason I'm asking is because I see a pair in my size at the shoebank in dark brown cordovan.

mdubya

Reaction score
Loake Badmintons arrived this morning. Fortunately I'm working from home today as the FedEx delivery required signature. Unfortunately my wife is also home and asked what was just delivered and would not accept "nothing, don't worry about it" as an answer.

Apologies for the non-AE content:

Definitely could have ordered another 0.5 size down, but they're not terribly big and I'd wear these with slightly heavier socks anyway.

Bringing the discussion back to AE - does anyone know if they typically refresh sold out items during the RDA sale? I want to get a Manistee belt in Dark Chili but 32/34/36 are all sold out already.
Fedex?? Gahhh was hoping they'd ship royal mail. I am going to get destroyed on duties and taxes now.

mingus2112

Reaction score

Amazon has the Cedar Elements shoe trees (near as I can tell these are all made by the same company) at 2 pairs for $30.  I grabbed a bunch last week.

I was going to say the same thing. I was pissed I forgot about the last massdrop on these trees and have purchased two sets of two of the Cedar Elements trees since. I've got the Woodlore ones as well and they seem about the same quality (and the same fit). Woodlore is the manufacturer, so they may make the cedar elements ones, but I have no idea. Both sets I ordered, though, were $40 (free shipping). If you found them for $30 (shipped), pass on the link! I love mine and definitely will be purchasing more.

-James

Last edited:

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to say the same thing. I was pissed I forgot about the last massdrop on these trees and have purchased two sets of two of the Cedar Elements trees since. I've got the Woodlore ones as well and they seem about the same quality (and the same fit). Woodlore is the manufacturer, so they may make the cedar elements ones, but I have no idea. Both sets I ordered, though, were $40 (free shipping). If you found them for $30 (shipped), pass on the link! I love mine and definitely will be purchasing more.

-James

The ones I see from Cedar Elements don't appear to have the expanded toe part (solid instead). Perhaps I just couldn't find the others on amazon. Nevertheless still a good option.

RitchieBro

Reaction score

Feeling a little blue today too

RTD1

Reaction score

-James

The ones I see from Cedar Elements don't appear to have the expanded toe part (solid instead). Perhaps I just couldn't find the others on amazon. Nevertheless still a good option.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LV49HDA

They are not solid, they're the expandable toe ones. And free Prime shipping.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote:
LOL. You mean your wife doesn't believe that Fedex demands a signature when they deliver "nothing?"

Jackboot

Reaction score

PSA: Massdrop has Woodlore Epic Shoe Trees up. 2 for $34.99 when its all said and done.

-James

Yet another option for y'all: Jos Bank Shoe Trees are currently 2 for $25. Made by Woodlore. Your choice of solid or split toe. If you buy $100 worth of stuff in-store, you get an additional $20 off.

The "epic" shoe trees look nice, but personally I don't think they will make a lick of difference in the maintenance of your shoes. I'd rather buy the solid toes from JAB for about 50% less.

On a related note, the last time I bought shoe trees from JAB I paid about $6.50 per pair. Unfortunately I think those days are gone. I'm going to buy another 8 pairs today, so $10 per pair. I think this is the least expensive shoe tree option these days.

FaRKle

Reaction score
The six pack is still the best deal on epic-style shoe trees.

Massdrop's WL epic deal is always more expensive than amazon after shipping and tax.

RMB35

Reaction score

Yet another option for y'all: Jos Bank Shoe Trees are currently 2 for $25. Made by Woodlore. Your choice of solid or split toe. If you buy $100 worth of stuff in-store, you get an additional $20 off.

The "epic" shoe trees look nice, but personally I don't think they will make a lick of difference in the maintenance of your shoes. I'd rather buy the solid toes from JAB for about 50% less.

On a related note, the last time I bought shoe trees from JAB I paid about $6.50 per pair. Unfortunately I think those days are gone. I'm going to buy another 8 pairs today, so $10 per pair. I think this is the least expensive shoe tree option these days.

Directly from the factory seems to be the best deal. 2 sets for $20 (if I am reading this correctly):
http://www.woodlore.com/shoe-trees-...justable-cedar-shoe-tree-order-qty-1-2-pairs/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads