• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaba

Reaction score
I have a really hard time with the 65 last. 9D is too narrow. 9.5D is too long. I'm trying to find a casual wingtip (or brogue) with a rubber sole (tried the Brooks Goremok but couldn't get the size right). I was looking at the Strandmok 2.0, which is in the 201 last. What size should I go with?
Or any other suggestions from the tent sale for what I'm looking for?

Last edited:

aejc

Reaction score
I was just wondering how many people had already received these. How long did it take from the time you placed your order?

I think these were announced on a Friday (three weeks ago), and I ordered mine late Sunday. They were on my central Texas doorstep eighteen days later.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a really hard time with the 65 last. 9D is too narrow. 9.5D is too long. I'm trying to find a casual wingtip (or brogue) with a rubber sole (tried the Brooks Goremok but couldn't get the size right). I was looking at the Strandmok 2.0, which is in the 201 last. What size should I go with?
Or any other suggestions from the tent sale for what I'm looking for?

I find the 201 to be a little roomier in the toe box compared to the 65.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
England leaving the EU...Stock markets volatile....Terrorist attacks....Much of the US throwing their hands up over Washington and the choices in November. It's days like this I find comfort in solid footwear.
Every time I see a pic of burgundy shell MacNeils, I think I have to order a pair. (If only there were a 10.5 B pair on SB right now, haha.) Maybe with the next 15% off sale...
True, they are not macs. Vintage Florshiems. I only claimed they were "solid footwear." But I like to share with my forum pals.

tradbrah

Reaction score

Every time I see a pic of burgundy shell MacNeils, I think I have to order a pair.  (If only there were a 10.5 B pair on SB right now, haha.)  Maybe with the next 15% off sale...

Search on eBay. I'm currently selling a pair of MacNeils in burgundy shell cordovan size 10.5B. PM if interested and we can work something out.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken advantage of the new restricted MTO program recently? I'd be interested in seeing anything in thats not a regular off the shelf makeup.

RTD1

Reaction score
Looks like MacNeils. The flat(ter) toe box and pointier toes looks like the 97 last.
The way I tell Macneils from LWBs produced by Alden, vintage Florsheim and J&M, and virtually all other LWBs out there is that on the Macneil, the stitching of the vamp to the quarter is touching or nearly touching the wing. On all other LWBs there's a good 1/4" to 1/2" gap. Honestly, once someone pointed this out to me, I can't help but notice it every time I see them, and for that reason I really don't care for the Macneils.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The way I tell Macneils from LWBs produced by Alden, vintage Florsheim and J&M, and virtually all other LWBs out there is that on the Macneil, the stitching of the vamp to the quarter is touching or nearly touching the wing.  On all other LWBs there's a good 1/4" to 1/2" gap.  Honestly, once someone pointed this out to me, I can't help but notice it every time I see them, and for that reason I really don't care for the Macneils.

This is one of the two main things I don't like about the Macneil that I mentioned earlier in this thread.

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
What do you guys think about the burgundy shell Daltons? My chili Daltons are a little too big for me, and, rather than resole them, I'm thinking of putting that money toward a new pair of shell 2nds in a smaller size if they fall to $399 again sometime down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads